Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

JK Sending OFF!

Can someone clarify is he supposed to miss the Grays match or can he play, to me it looks like the punishment starts 13th Jan.

"A player who is dismissed from the Field of play for receiving a second caution in the same match will be suspended automatically from all domestic League, League Cup, FA Challenge Cup matches and Friendly matches commencing on the 14th day following the match in which he was sent off, until such time as his Club's recognised Senior Team has completed one (1) match in an approved Competition during the period covered by its opening match in The Football Conference and ending with the final match in which the Club is playing in a domestic Competition organised by The Football Association, The Football Conference or matches concerning a Club's nominated County Senior Cup Competition."

THE FA

Players Sent Off Under Law 12 (7)

A player who is dimissed from the field of play for recieving a second caution in the same match will be suspended automatically for all approved first team matches commencing forthwith until such time as his clubs first team has completed its next match in an approved competition.

I think it`s 2 games because it was his 2nd red card of the season.

Duffy is out for 1 game after reaching 5 yellows.

Canvey Island FC Christopher Duffy 07/01/2006 Suspended from all first team football until the Club have completed 1 first team match for 5/10/15 cautions

That's one thing I did not get about the Grays game...

...JK was sent off for two bookable offences against Cambridge and under FA rules was suspended immediately for the Grays and Accrington games.

Why was this not the case for Duffy? I do not recall him being booked during the Grays game so his fifth booking would've come at the Cambridge game or before. I would've thought his suspension would've started immediately too, therefore missing the Grays game as well.

Are there different rules for number of bookings in comparison to straight sendings off?