Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Edinburgh Leaves Billericay

ronin

Probably be down about 8pm.

I'm just leaving work to see the legend that is Lee Hurst, conveniently performing just opposite to where I work in Southend!

As for Oasis, I thought the atmosphere was the best thing about it at Finsbury Park. The Coral were good, wasn't too sure about BRMC.

As for music in general, Bob Dylan is the man!

Cool, MOB. Just absolutely hate McFly, that's all.

Plus, i hate Westlife, Busted(they haven't gone, just morphed into McFly, Bollo*ks!), Kaiser Chiefs(overrated pile of armadillo poo! Honestly, they spend more time repeating their lyrics over and over again and screaming Woahhhhhhhhhhhh! in the middle of their songs than actually sitting down and thinking of some lyrics to fill their songs with.)

I dont think Oasis are a bad band, like a lot of people on here have said (Ken), but i agree that they are nowhere near as good as a lot of other bands. But they are great live and liking them is not the worst thing in the world to do. They are still better than a lot of wa*k in the single and album chart.

Quote:
chalky boy said:
Kaiser Chiefs(overrated pile of armadillo poo! Honestly, they spend more time repeating their lyrics over and over again and screaming Woahhhhhhhhhhhh! in the middle of their songs than actually sitting down and thinking of some lyrics to fill their songs with.)

Employment was one of the better albums of last year you fool

fu*k right off mate. A jumped up fool who shouts and carries on like he's drunk and wears a neckerchief. My choices of music might not be to everyone's taste but that band are absolutely overrated and absolutely do not deserve the plaudits they are getting. There is just nothing else that good out at the mo though, so we are stuck with them tits! I dont care what anyone says. They are boring and the album which i have listened to is very average and annoying. In fact, a lot of mates who bought it now say they wished they hadn't.

I thought the Kaiser Chiefs album was good. Music doesn't always have to be about fantatics lyrics and precise musical ability, can't it sometimes just about being a bit of fun? I thought that was exactly what Employment was, and without it Martin wouldn't be able to shout "I Predict A Diet" to fat opposition players! Classic!

Quote:
chalky boy said:
There is just nothing else that good out at the mo though,

you are a crazy man, there are some great bands at the moment, try Sigur Rós, their latest albums Takk is one of the most beautiful bits of music i have ever heard.

I don`t listen to as much new music as i used to but i do like Hoppípolla by Sigur Rós, it`s been used a lot as background music on tv but i guess a lot of people won`t have a clue what it`s called.

Currently i can`t get Trains To Brazil by Guillemots out of my head, it sounds very 80`s/Aztec Camera like but don`t let that put you off.

Quote:
The Great Eckscape said:
I thought the Kaiser Chiefs album was good. Music doesn't always have to be about fantatics lyrics and precise musical ability, can't it sometimes just about being a bit of fun?

Exactly. Just the same as The Darkness. Lyrically they are appalling but their music rocks!!

Exactly. At the end of the day they sound good so that's all that matters.

Firstly, i haven't heard of those bands. Sigur Rós might be brilliant but is it my fault i have never heard of them coz they aren't advertised or played on radio or telly. I might really like them but how would i have known about them if it wasn't mentioned on here?

Secondly, is there somewhere i can listen to these so it gives me the choice of some good music instead of the crap Kaiser Poofs? I'm sorry but i will never like them or agree that they are in any way a good band.

The only stations up here that i can get are Radio 1, Hallam FM, Real Radio and Galaxy. Hallam and Galaxy play poppy crap and Real Radio is full of 70's and 80's. Not much variety up here. I cant get Virgin or XFM and i used to love listening to them coz they had a great selection and wasn't all neccessarily commercial.