Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A hard post to make...

Mr Happy

Just a couple of thoughts:

The new keeper was signed following a seven day approach (ie made before the Potters Bar game). Whether that is was originally as cover for the only position where it curently doesn't exist, I have no idea. But I think it was inevitable after Tuesday's performance that he'd start yesterday. Whether he's good enough only time will tell; plenty of players have iffy debuts. But, in truth, Chooper hasn't been playing well for a few weeks now. I only hope that the suggestion aired yesterday that a part of the management team has wanted him out for a while now because he won't come for crosses is wide of the mark. Not sure the new bloke will be any better on that front.

A senior player was heard to comment yesterday that a number of players are unhappy and that the best team isn't being picked. Whether there's a starting eleven that the majority of players would like to see seems a bit unlikely to me, but its clearly a concern. It seems to me that players and management need something of a clear the air session asap, and supporters need to know what the outcomes are. Time for a Trust meeting, perhaps?

It proves how good Chopper is because EVERYTIME we have ever played a second choice keeper as cover,they have always looks vastly inferior to him.

Look, Chopper has two poor games and is dropped.Why doeasn't the same apply to the rest of our team.I can think of certain players that went at least half a dozen games without playing well, but still they were in the starting line-up each game.

Chopper could be playing in a lot higher level of football than he is (and has been doing).We should be very grateful to have him in our side and i reckon he's worth at least an extra 15 points a season to us.

Quote:
Duke of York said:
......... Having said this full credit to the fans of Dulwich Hamlet as I never heard any racist comments in the three years I spent watching them. Sadly I cannot say the same for Enfield Town. On a few occasions, this season and last, I have heard racist comments from Enfield Town supporters! This racism has not come from the main vocal support of Town – it came from middle-aged blokes who should know better in this day and age!

Duke - can you please let myself or one of the match day stewards know next time this happens as it is TOTALLY unacceptable

thanks

If two out of three want him, then democracy rules and he plays. If two out of three do not feel that his performances warrant his inclusion, then words fail me.

That's the same with the club as a whole. Founded on democracy. Based on democracy. The players are accountable to the management team, who are in turn accountable to the board, who are then accountable to the society members.

Quote:
Mr Happy said:
Why the hell was Chopper dropped today. Yes, he has made a couple of mistakes recently but without him I am sure we would not be where we are now.

It was scandelous that Chopper was dropped on Saturday. He has been a servant to our club and to be treated in such a manner is disgraceful. If poor performances on Tuesday were the criteria for being dropped on Saturday, why didn't we have eleven new players out there?

The inconsistency is the most frustrating issue for me. Our attacking partnership has clearly not been working, yet we persevere with it every week. Chopper has one below-par game and he is discarded. He should have played on Saturday, no doubt about it.

Quote:
Southport - TOWNER said:

Duke - can you please let myself or one of the match day stewards know next time this happens as it is TOTALLY unacceptable

Southport - i agree with you but who should we complain to about your foul-mouth (or is this acceptable)? I know of some who do not come to games any longer because of the foul language behind the goal and some of it clearly comes from you.

In Phil's defence, it is not him who throws foul language around all the time. Yes, he swears occassionally and I do too. However, it is some of the younger supporters that constantly scream abuse at the ref and opposing players. Phil tells those idiots to stop the swearing (as do I) on a regular basis.

With regards to the abuse that comes from the bench that is also unacceptable and I know that the board have spoken with the managment team but they appear to ignore these requests.

Quote:
Mr Happy said:
With regards to the abuse that comes from the bench that is also unacceptable and I know that the board have spoken with the managment team but they appear to ignore these requests.

HAHAHA! Anyone that manages to get Pete to stop swearing completely I will buy a pint for at each game for the rest of the season!

Well, in all seriousness, Pete must stop the foul language. He is annoying a number of paying supporters and sets a bad example to kids. It also gets the backs up of officials when abuse is directed at them. They will never give us 50:50 decisions when this happens.