Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

We get some real w&nkers at Park Lane

I'm sure one of them was at the reserve game on Wednesday. Might be totally wrong in this case but this person I'm talking about (and I don't know names) has been known to mouth off at players and the team.

Yeah, I think know this guy. It only really triggered when I saw the photos of the Accrington game last week and saw his face on the terrace.

A couple of seasons ago we played Telford in the semi finals of the Trophy. This guy seemed to have his own personal crusade against Chenners, Junior and the whole team. I had a female friend making their first visit to Park Lane that day and quite frankly it was embarassing that she should hear this tirade. It would certainly put off any new supporters.

He did the same at home to Exeter. I got so pissed off, I move away from him.

Probably isn't the same guy and he certainly isn't the only one who had done it.

If you listen Jeff did not blame the supporters, he said "normally they are very good, today they were a bit like us really".

I always spend 1st half in the bus shelter and second behind our goal, mobjnr did not go today so I spent the whole game behind the goal and I have to say we were out sung, thats a fact not a criticism.

Lets focus on getting better and louder, today has gone!!!!!

I'm all for people having their say at the game and on here, just as long as no-one makes it personal.

I've said on here a couple of times before that when I was writing match reports for the old website, the advice I was given is never say anything you wouldn't say to a player's face in the bar afterwards.

I've stuck by that, and have never gotten personal with a player or member of the Club by calling them '[****!!****] crap' or 'totally [****!!****]' etc. and I feel we supporters as a whole should remember to keep it like that and refrain from personal remarks.

Having said that, I do not believe we should be retarded in our views of the teams performance as a whole nor of players that stood out from the rest, good or bad. We continually praise our players good efforts, but seem to get a bit of a bollocking if we feel they were under-par. Which is slightly unfair particularly when the player(s) themselves would be first to admit it if they played poorly.

As for the bus shelters, ideally what I would've liked to have seen is them taken down and that part of the perimeter fence extended by about a fence panel, (inpractical as their are trees there currently) but then erect two stands similar to what we had behind the goal before the main terracing was built or at the very least increase the height of the bus shelters and remove the panelling from the front that locks the sound in.

As much of an annoyance these supporters are, every club has them and we're no different. We shouldn't kick them out and certainly shouldn't ban them, because at the end of the day, they still bring in an extra £11.50 per game.

As for the Army, I think it'd be smart to move to the home stand. I think there'd be more people inclined to join in with the chants and songs. Also that lovely collection of flags that you lot have got would look a lot better if they were hanging from the stand. As it is at the moment, the only time the flags can really be seen is when the Army isn't standing in front of them.

Blimey, between reading the posts everyone else has made and my own, I'm beginning to feel really depressed this morning.

Quote:
mr c gull said:
sorry ribbit but some of these critics of certain players don't even pay to get in.

Well that's not on, is it? Kick 'em out if they don't pay and still hurl abuse. Jesus, if I got in for free, the last thing I'd do is abuse the team.

*cough*Not that I abuse the team anyway.*cough*

Quote:
Ribbit said:
As for the Army, I think it'd be smart to move to the home stand. I think there'd be more people inclined to join in with the chants and songs. Also that lovely collection of flags that you lot have got would look a lot better if they were hanging from the stand. As it is at the moment, the only time the flags can really be seen is when the Army isn't standing in front of them.

Trouble is this has been tried for years and we've never had more people singing as we do now. The flags and the noise are for the players benefit exclusively. People on the main stand comment that they cannot always here us. This is due to the way the stands are constructed which doesn't allow sound out easily at angles.

However, when you watch the match videos back from the camera point opposite the dugouts, the noise is great. The players and management comment on the support regularly, I think that if we moved back up to the stand the noise was quickly disintegrate.

hi guys your not the only team who has such so called supporters we had some idiots at borham wood saturday slagging there own players off.Hope you enjoy yourself friday night lets hope for a decent game havent seen one this season at stonebridge rd may the better team win and good luck for the rest of the season.Oh wicked double over Grays congratulations 4 that