Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Charter for Canvey?

Yellow Bungle

Well, one adult and one child without any discount at the moment is 17 pounds. I think this should drop to at least 15 pounds. Add discounts on that, and the most I'd expect to pay would be 12 pounds.

Yeah. Okay, look, I think football tickets should work the same way as family travelcard train tickets. They work out £12 per adult, then £2 extra per child. This is down from £15 for adult and half that for a child if bought seperately.

If we introduced a scheme like that, we'd definately see an up turn in families attending, which, as we keep reminding each other, is what we want, because once they've been once, they're with us for life.

Assume 100 season tickets? 850 through the gate of which 100 kids and 100 seniors (£7?).

650 x £11.50 = £7,150

100 x £5.50 = £550

100 x £7 = £700

Gate = £8,400

Bar/catering - say £1,000 profit (probably a bit high)

50:50 £200

Programmes £2 each cost say 50p & sales of 750

700 x £1.50 = £1,050

Mascot package £40 less cost £20 (incl entry price incl) = £20

Match day & ball sponsorship? Say £300 per game.

Car park say 60 cars @ £1.50 = £90

Shop profit say £100

So you are looking at about £11,000 before policing, running costs, floodlights, hospitality for visiting team etc and paying players.

I don't think much would be left and that's why I think we need to be creative and offer better deals which increase revenues through incraesing the crowds.

As said above, the Conference does set bands and although we are nearer the top than the bottom I don't begrudge paying the adult price. However, the kids price is excessive and discourages the introduction of new supporters.

Not sure about the rules on offering discounts but seem to recall something about offering comparable discounts to away supporters, but I think the saeson ticket suggestion circumvents this.

Well if it were up to me the prices for away fans would be no different to home fans. I don't see why anybody should be charged more, or done out of a deal just because they've travelled half way across the country to watch their team play.

Also, what's a 'mascot package'?

I think that a half season ticket would be a good idea. I once had one at West Ham and it basically encouraged me to go to all the remaining matches it covered for that season.

I was (and still am) somebody who picks and chooses my games at Upton Park (due to cost)but having found myself with some extra cash, paid for the half season ticket which covered the last 11 games I think it was and once this had been paid for, obviously I did not have to find that money simply to get in.

Canvey could easily produce a discounted season ticket for the remainder of the games to be played and if this was the case, I would be happy to pay £110 (half the price of a full season ticket)for although I do not miss many games at Park Lane, it would certainly make sure that I would definately go along to all the remaining games having paid for this up front. Even if I could not make it for say one or two games, the club would have my money already and it is a true win, win situation for them which could put money in the coffers with a minimum of organisation on their behalf.

Half season tickets should be considered and if they were, I am sure they would be a winner.

The mascot package is where your kid is a mascot for the day and lead the team out. It used to cost £40 and for that 1 adult and child got entry with a programme, the child got entry into the dressing room pre-match an a ball signed by the team. Not a bad deal at all, I'm surprised it's not taken up every week.

I believe the ‘Charter for Canvey’ to be an excellent idea. What seems to be behind this is a genuine desire for fans to share thoughts and ideas about our club with the management team. Between us all there is a lot of untapped expertise and talent, not to mention specific skills that, if harnessed, could go a long way to improving the club we all love dearly.

On BBC Essex last night I heard that Chelmsford City FC was hosting a ‘Meet the Manager’ forum where fans could put questions to the management and hear of the clubs plans. Not a new idea, I’ve seen it advertised in the bars at various away grounds I’ve visited. If handled badly this could well be a moaning session with gripes about the price of the beer or the colour of the toilet paper, but handled well, it could be an excellent exchange of ideas and go a long way to making fans feel involved with the club.

This discussion board could be an excellent conduit between club and fans and hasn’t it been appreciated when Wayno has replied to a particular point or given some explanation or additional information that we might have been missing. In the days of the old website either Francis or Keith would email me and ask me to post certain pieces of information should there be a need to set the record straight. It seems such a shame that nowadays the club seems to deny even the existence of this forum, in spite of the work we have all done to clean it up.

Chris Gardner now posts on here regularly and the information he is able to give, mostly concerning fans travel and facilities, is greatly appreciated. I wonder if this might be worth exploring even further? We have a Supporters Club; shouldn’t this be extended from the present Travel Club format into something that is far more interactive and dynamic?

A few seasons ago I can remember attending regular Supporters Club meetings and in those days Rod Hall was the ‘go-between’. Rod was the first one to show us details of the new clubhouse (whatever happened to that?) and shared with us long term plans for a new stadium (again, whatever happened to that?). If sensible ideas concerning improved attendance and facilities at The Lane were discussed in depth then surely someone at the club would have to look at the conclusions.

If supporters could set this up in an informal way and prove that they can debate sensibly, ponder carefully and give a reasonable response to all the important issues, then surely someone would have to take notice.

Just a thought.

Quote:
Leo said:
I was (and still am) somebody who picks and chooses my games at Upton Park (due to cost)but having found myself with some extra cash, paid for the half season ticket which covered the last 11 games I think it was and once this had been paid for, obviously I did not have to find that money simply to get in.

Good point - suppose once you had paid your money for WHU, if a game clashed with Canvey, you'd go to Upton Park as it had already been paid for.

I think a half season ticket is a good idea to get cash in and make sure people feel they need to get along to the Lane as it has already been paid for rather than chosing to go off to Roots Hall, Upton Park, Highbury or wherever.

I think we have missed the boat a little bit on the season ticket idea as it could have been marketted before christmas where people would have thought it a good christmas gift idea. The cash generated would have been a bonus before the January transfer window.

Marketting and awareness are key in a small club - if people are not aware of the Mascot package, season tickets, kids for a quid, or do not know how to obtain something then ultimately the club will not reap the benefits. Lets face it the main club website should have all these offers and details but it's so bland and only highlights the main points. The layout is just so uninviting.

You've hit the nail on the head, Mouse. These things don't cause any extra support because they aren't marketed. So it's pointless really suggesting ideas, unless they're going to be. If we're doing 'kid for a quid', or that mascot thing (which does sound good), we should be advertising it in the programmes, in local papers, with leaflets and posters and on the radio. People aren't psychic.