Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 16-December 17 )

• Photo
    Lil Dave

• Photo
    smila

• Photo
    LAMMAS

• Photo
    Cerebus

• Photo
    Maffblue

• Photo
    realmickstevo79

Photo

what do we all want

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
85 replies to this topic

offline andyetfc

andyetfc
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Just to remind everyone that it would not be down to the supporters of ETFC to vote for a merger. It would be for the Society members. Some may say that they are all the same people, but they are not. However, if those who regularly turn up for games were to become members of the Society, then they would have every right to have their say should 'merger talks' take place.

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
All this thread has been about is do we want a merger or not.

The real question is are the powers that be prepared to relinquish control and money. In the case of ETFC, will the majority be prepared to give a share of ownership to the owners of EFC. We have built ourselves up as a club run by the fans for the fans with no one person owning any more that the rest. However, EFC's owners have put their own money into their club. Why should they just give ownership to a combined supporters' society. This is the reason I cannot see a merger taking place and at best, we can hope for a groundshare in Enfield. I would support a merger but the new club would have to be run along the same grounds as ETFC and I cannot see EFC's owners giving in to that.

One other point concerns the level of the new club. Town still have a chance of the second automatic promotion place or the play offs. EFC have a chance of going down. On that basis there is a good chance that there will be at least one legue's difference between the two clubs next season and possibly even two. I would never vote for a united club if it meant dropping down a league or even two. We have put in too much work and effort for that.

offline Bad_Egg

Bad_Egg
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
well said mr happy your a top townie egg shame sum of your brimmo friends cant see sense

offline The Invisible Man

The Invisible Man
Absolutely correct, Happy.

The constitutional matter is probably the biggest obstacle to kind of unification of the two clubs. It would take a legal eagle to sort out bit I presume you are correct in that it would take a magnanomous gesture on the part of major shareholders in EFC. But don't EFC have some sort of supporter's ownership thing going as well?

Yes, a disparity in levels of play would be another problem. Possibly it could be circumnavigated if the lower club ceased to exist first, rather than a true merger, but I'm sure no-one would agree to that.

I am not keen on a groundshare. We have one and want to move on. No doubt EFC feel the same.

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
A groundshare with equal ownership by the two clubs would be beeter though due to the clubs actually earning profits from the bar and functions.

offline EFCMICK

EFCMICK
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
I'll go along with that one mr happy. But I'm very sceptical about the merger. But its a start for both of our clubs. I have been browsing for a few months and at least the nastyness has wilted away and thats a good sign.

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
Quote:
andyetfc said:
Just to remind everyone that it would not be down to the supporters of ETFC to vote for a merger. It would be for the Society members. Some may say that they are all the same people, but they are not. However, if those who regularly turn up for games were to become members of the Society, then they would have every right to have their say should 'merger talks' take place.

Just to clarify,Andy.By 'society member' do you mean those of us that pay the £5 a year membership? If that is the case,any Town fan could pay £5 and then vote.

I would say that the likelyhood of any merger is very slim.

offline andyetfc

andyetfc
Anyone can pay £5.00 per year and become a member of the society.

Become a member - have a vote on Society issues.

Not a member - cannot vote on Society issues.

offline MbrunoB

MbrunoB
  • Supports: ETFC, ETLFC, ARSENAL, YB SK Beveren & The Wonderful World of MOD
  • Foes: SCUMMERS you know who you are!!
  • Fav. Player(s): Dennis Bergkamp + Claire Ford ;-)
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, Speedway & Darts
  • Twitter
And every single vote has the same value!!

The Invisible Man
Yes, Happy, it's true that half an income is better than none! I just feel that it would stand in the way of us progressing to our own ground - all of the income, ground for ressies and women, and so on.

Of course this applies equally to both clubs.

The Invisible Man
And having declared my position on a merger, I would like to clarify that I would only vote "Yes" if the constitution and members-ownership set-up remained as it is.

I would vote against any change to a traditional Board and share purchase thingy even if this meant remaining seperate.

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
So, there you have it. ETFC members wouldn't vote for a merger unless EFC capitualted and EFC would not go for it unless they were given some enhanced ownership.

Thread over methinks!!!

Have a nice weekend!!!

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
Nice try Mr Happy.How did you come to that conclusion??

Personally,i think that a merger of some sort would only happen if EFC folded.

I believe those at EFC,see the best senerio for them,as being to equally groundshare a new ground with ETFC,in a stadium supplied by Enfield Council.

That only has a small chance of happening.If it doesn't come off,i don't see EFC having a long term future.At least Town will have a furture in Enfield,if the groundshare doesn't happen.

EFC's board will not relinquish anything until the groundshare option is dead in the water.I'm afraid by the time the groungshare proposal is no longer an option.Any chance of a merger or EFC coming back to Enfield will be long gone.

The Invisible Man
Well this thread is about the concept of a merger, in principle. That is the question we were asked. I have said many times that I am in favour but that I don't think it will ever happen, the main reason being the difference in constitutions. However, I do not know what EFC's constitution is. I understood they have some sort of fans ownership scheme, but not an equitable one like ours. I don't know.

It is not a question of anyone capitulating, it is about everyone trying to find the best solution for football in Enfield.

offline andyetfc

andyetfc
If EFC folded then there would not be a need for a merger.

What would they gain? Nothing.

offline Diver1830

Diver1830
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
WHY ????

offline Diver1830

Diver1830
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Are the rest of us missing something here ?
What's the "Trading" status got to do with anything ??

offline Sponsor of Beer

Sponsor of Beer
  • Reserves Coach
A hell of a lot if its not 100% clean.

Which for some, it may not be. Allegedly.

And which for others could be very interesting, come the end of the season.

offline Bad_Egg

Bad_Egg
  • First XI - Weekly Contract

yeah very interestin about as interestin as watchin ceefax with the sound down

offline Son of Sam

Son of Sam
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Whats the point of commenting on this subject OUR BOARD AINT INTERESTED , And I wouldn't want to see a 113 year club history sacrificed for a club that has only four years to its name .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus