Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

TUESDAY 25TH SEPTEMBER

Just to say, I can't make the game tonight as my brother bought tickets to see "Bottom" for tonight after being told to avoid the Tuesday night. Brothers, huh, the only way to keep in line is to give 'em a slap every now and then.<P>So, I wish everyone on this board a good Tuesday nights footie and to "Carjam", I hope you enjoy yourself but not too much.<P>If you are going tonight, I would've bought you a beer at the bar but sadly I can't.<P>Have a good one,<P>COME ON YOU BLLLLLLLLUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!

Bottom was very good and yes I saw it at Westcliffe (can't call it Southend, how dare you).<P>I was expecting something along the lines of a stage version of Bottom (a show I can take or leave) but it wasn't at all. Some of the humour was very controlled which was surprising and made it all the funnier. Yep there was the usual swearing etc., etc. but in a grown up Young Ones sort of way (in fact I would say the show was a mature Young Ones). <P>Very good show, see it if you can Botton:2001 A [****!!****] Oddessy.

Thanks to Gazza for the very erudite theatre review. We hope to make this a regular feature of the discussion board for all our artistic readers.<P>Next week Carjam will be review the new production by Ballet Rambert and Vic will be giving his thoughts on the new Turner exhibition opening at The Tate.<P>Merv (Artistic Director, First Hosting)

Well, I thought it was better than depressing me over Billericays performance (or lack of it) over the past couple of weeks.<P>Anyway, although this is a footie message board it does no harm in discussing other subjects.<P>Sometimes it can be quite funny.<P>Gazza (Arts Reporter for Isthmian.Com)<P>PS - Can't wait for Carjam's review!!!