Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Drop Zone

cangull

Looking at the League Table, its frightening to realise that we are just 8 points away from the drop zone. To add to that we have a very tough game away to Aldershot on Tuesday.

What is everyones views regarding the above now that we have gone into a slump with our standard of play??

18th is the lowest we've been this season and we're gradually slipping back down there. There were some interesting results yesterday and a couple we could've done without.

Thankfully Cambridge lost to Accrington and Burton only managed a draw so the teams immediately above us not getting maximum points was a bit of a bonus. However, should we continue on our current form I don't think it'll be too long before Kidderminster and Forest Green overtake us, (the latter whipping Altrincham 5-0 yesterday).

Our next two games are against teams in 12th and 14th position. We really need to get something from both of them games to prevent them from escaping our grasp. Hopefully, if we take at least 4 points from those two games we can play against Southport, (who surprised Stevenage yesterday) and give them a right tonking while they're still in the drop zone. This will boost our confidence going into games against Hereford (currently 4th) and then Stevenage (currently 6th).

After that, we've got twelve games to battle our way back up the table and of those twelve the majority of the ones we'll find difficult are at home - So we'll need the full backing of the Yellow Army and the rest of the crowd to get behind the boys, (twelth man and all that) so we can fight all guns blazing against the likes of Forest Green, Crawley, York, Kiddie and Exeter at Park Lane.

I think it`s right to be slightly worried but i don`t feel there`s any need to panic, we are 10 points clear of 2nd bottom and 12 points off a play-off place. While i think the play-offs are out of reach i also feel that we won`t lose enough points to allow the bottom 2 to catch up.

Quote:
ronin said:
I think it`s right to be slightly worried but i don`t feel there`s any need to panic, we are 10 points clear of 2nd bottom and 12 points off a play-off place. While i think the play-offs are out of reach i also feel that we won`t lose enough points to allow the bottom 2 to catch up.

Agreed, forget all this negative b******ks and realise that this is going to be the highest league position we will have ever finished.

See you all at the Rec

I would say 4 more wins will see us safe.