Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

2004/5 > 2005/6

ronin

A post the other day got me thinking how are we doing compared to last season.

04/5 Position-16th Played-26 Won-7 Drawn-10 Lost-9 Points-31

05/6 Position-14th Played-26 Won-8 Drawn-7 Lost-11 Points-31

Same points tally but 2 league positions better so while it is tight we are doing better. I feel we are a better side this season and i can see us finishing around mid-table.

The team just below us last season are there again this season, big game v Burton this saturday.

Although we are marginally doing better than last season, I don't like the fact that Burton and the five teams immediately above us all have at least one game in hand. I feel the results of those games as well as our own will determine our final league position. We could be stuck in 14th/15th for rest of this season.

Interesting Ronin, I was only thinking myself the other day that we must be somewhere near our last season points figure.

Correct me if I'm wrong however, that last year from roughly here on in we struggled and picked up something like two points out of about thirty and slipped into trouble before our glorious finish. What we must not do is the same again this year.

Assuming that the two bottom clubs both double their points by season's end, we will need about 14 points to avoid any possibility of relegation, which is just four wins(and a bit) out of 16 games which should be well within our capabilities.

Last season there was really only 1 relegation place to worry about(in the event there wasn't any due to Northwich's off the field activities) as Farnbro and Leigh RMI were down before xmas. This year teams at the bottom are picking up point so I think we will need more points than last year to stay up.

47 points should be enough