Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Canvey Island v Burton Albion - Saturday 28th January 2006

Spursman

Today's Line-Up:

24. McKinney

2. Kennedy

5. Dolan

19. Sterling

3. Duffy

20. Keeling

7. Sedgemore, (his Brother isn't playing).

8. Minton

11. Clarke

27. Hallett

22. Ibe

SUBS:

9. Gregory

6. McGhee

18. Noto

4. Chenery

17. Potter

Funniest moment of the afternoon? The public address announced that someone had lost their season ticket and that they should come to the press-box to collect it.

"Lost!" exclaimed Roger Toogood. "They f***ing threw it away. Who can blame 'em?"

Many a true word... and all that.

Not great at all. Credit to the Yellow army. I think most of them got pissed off and went behind the goal second half.

At least we have two weeks to assess our problems and sort it out.

Agree. Never really looked like taking anything from the game right from the first whistle. Second half we played a bit better but our play seemed laboured and we never really put Albion under any real pressure.

I thought we looked better when Greggors came on. A couple of his knock downs caused a few problems.

Not sure about Duffers as man of the match but nobody really stood out today.

Quote:
Yellow Bungle said:
Clarke at left back, Duffy at right back. Dolan? Not convinced he added anything today. What's going on? If I hadn't been to the Salisbury game, I'd say this was the worst performance I'd seen - but it was still pretty close.

Wasn't at the game today.

Duffy right back? He's been tried on that side a number of times but is much more at home on the left. Sounds like if he was MoM then the performance couldn't of been that great.

Just wondering how many chances did we create today?

i think we got off lightly with only a 0-2 defeat,we could have easily been 5 or6 down by the time they scored the first,defence all over the place,not sure about clarke at left back,has he ever played there before.

thought minton daserved mom unlucky wiyh a couple of goalbound shots being charged down

with the table becoming congested at the bottom,games against southport and crawley are now very important

Mints had a shot the keeper turned away for a corner and Mints and Keeling had a couple of good efforts in the second half but apart from that we created very little.

Could have played all night and not scored!!

Very poor today, but I'm sure the lads will pick do what has to be done in training to put things right.

It was a bit frustrating trying to sing under the stand with motionless faces all around us. We went behind the goal second half and had loads of fun, especially Linney dance time! The trouble is we moved away from the main stand because nobody joined in the singing. Now all that's happened is the same people have followed us into the shed and continue not to offer any vocal support.