Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Team For Tomorrow

Phil Old Boy

Frenchy. I would still play Duffy, but leave him in his old role from the last two years and have him running down the left and cutting in. He has unlocked teams where others can’t. He has been mucked around playing on the other side from time to time so whether that’s affected him this year. The role he was given against Slough, he was protecting our slow back three so much that he was barely able to get forward. Same for JK, get him out on the right, not in the middle. As well as losing the players from last year, players have not played regularly in their usual positions.

I'll buy that Phil. Good, sound argument politely put. Nice to read some sensible football appraisal on the site. Whoever plays, best of luck for tomorrow and let's hope the weather doesn't spoil the game.

Vive Le Duffy

Vive La France

I hope Richard has got his Ds and Ns mixed up. Leave Neil out and play David up front? Apart from that, I prefer Richard's line up to Phil's. Ash's kicking has let him down this season so I would like to see Potter between the sticks, I still want to see Perkins given a run-out and I think the team is better for having Jeff Minton in it.

But as today is National Non-Stress Day, I won't get too wound-up if anybody wants to argue with me.

I forgot about Perkins, Rich.

Basically, I would like the "old" guard, who are left in the club, playing in their positions, and start again from there. Bit of an "old" judgement but feel that these guys left have done us proud in the past. Very very controversial but I wonder with Minton. Although he has looked hungry and more up for it than others, I wonder how he fits in with the team, as a team member or too much of an individual. Does he hold the ball too long and stop the flow. Best when running at defenders rather than checking back.

I think Jeff has the same problem as you Phil. So many players, you do tend to get some of them mixed up and then possibly completely forget others. I like Benno in the middle, he has a lot to contribute.

Not sure I agree with you about Benno and Millsy looking similar though. Didn't Miller have more ginger hair than Benno? And who's the one with the moustache?

Oh well, 4 out of the 11 I mentioned started. Perhaps, when fit and well, we could have some of the regulars playing from the last couple of years. They know how to play the "sexy" football. Remember them zipping the ball around those Burnley players. Had to pinch yourself you was watching our team worry a team in second place in League Divsion 1. All well and good having individuals playing well, but you need a team that understands each other. Something the last couple of years has been built on.

Yes Rich, hope you haven't been tapping into the phone lines???

Must agree with most of what has been said on here.

As always, if Lee Boylan isn't injured I really do not see why he is not in the starting line-up. Things looked much brighter when he came on but the pity was he was way out infront of all others with no real support.

It has always been my belief that if you have a talented striker then main play should orientate around him to enable a scoring chance; this was the case last season, with the slots from the likes of Tilly, Stimmo and Miller but Lee is not getting that sort of service now-a-days and it looks like he is being used as the scape-goat!