Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

14 games left in the season.....

Spursman

Despite Canvey's poor form of recent, I really do not think that things are really as bad as some here think they are. There are 14 games left - 7 at home & 7 away and I reckon that another 15 will be more than enough to make sure that CIFC are in the Conference again next year.

I feel very confident that Canvey can pick up those points but I am worried about the inability to score recently but anyway, from the games left this is how I see it (hopefully) going for us for the remainder of the year with 42 points to play for.

Home

Hereford - L - 0 points

Crawley Town - W - 3 points

Woking - L - 0 points

York City - D - 1 point

Forest Green Rovers - W - 3 points

Kidderminster Harriers - D - 1 point

Exeter City - D - 1 point

Points taken in remaining home matches therefore = 9

Away

Stevenage - D - 1 point

Scarborough - W - 3 points

Altrincham - D - 1 point

Morecambe - L - 0 points

Tamworth - W - 3 points

Dagenham - D - 1 point

Halifax Town - L - 0 points

Points taken in remaining away matches therefore = 9

18 points will give Canvey 49 points which will be more than enough to keep them up.

I really think Jeff and Glenn will do whatever is needed now & turn things round to enable Canvey not to have to face a real relegation scrap.

What do others think?

Yeah, you're right, we've got plenty of time to get ourselves out of trouble, but we can't afford to waste any of it - we've done too much of that already. How many points did we finish on last season? I don't think we will drop, but the problem with us as fans is that we've come to expect winning, staying around the top of the table, decent cup runs and lots of goals (for, not against), but we're getting none of that at the moment.

I don't expect us to be table toppers anymore, or handing out 5-0 thrashings every week, but mid-table and positive performances every week would be nice.

Though at the same time we've got to be realistic and see that we are probably the smallest club in the division and one of only a handfull of part-time teams. So you know, swings and round-a-bouts.

A week’s a long time in football but by all accounts after last Saturday, and for a number of games now, we are not making any real chances during the game.

Coupled that we won’t keep a team out for 90 minutes, our lack in creating chances is a real problem and needs to be addressed quickly. I don’t know how, maybe even change our style of play. Saying that, we come up against teams that are fitter and faster so what are we supposed to do?

Sorry, but I do think there should be concern and if our performances continue as they did against the bottom club, how can we expect to pick half of those points mentioned?

Still have the likes of Forest Green, Crawley, Scarborough and Altrincham coming up. If we remain unbeaten in those even if we only scrape draws we should be OK.

• 1 month later...

I can't see us keeping that many clean sheets!!!

That would be absolutely fantastic. I didn't realise that all our remaining games are against the teams around us (obviously other than Exeter/Halifax), so they're all well winable. It's just down to whether we can get a run going - starting this week against FGR. I reckon 2-0.