Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Gravesend

So Billericay are the latest team to be weighed and measured and found wanting as the crusaders of Gravesend and Northfleet march on on a mission from God to show the world how his devine game should be played.<P><BR>All joking aside we were good for our win tonight so well done team. We have now played Kingstonian, Aldershot, Chesham and now Billericay (all title contenders) but I have to say I think the best team we have played this season is St Albans. Apologies to Chesham supporters, I know you beat us fair and square but St Albans were very good.

Congrats is all I can say.<P>My brother in law was there with my Dad and they both said that Gravesend were committed to playing solid football although my Dad did confirm that you had the run of the ref's decisions (two hand balls etc., etc.) but that is how the luck goes. On another day it would've ran for us but would it have made a difference. I doubt it.<P>Oh and Brother in law comes from Sutton and this is the first game my Dad has been to since 1975 so they are totally neutral.<P>To be honest you seem to be the dark horses of the league. I can't see anyone could've predicted that you would've been in this position (except for 'Fleet supporters) so good luck to you. My money is still on Aldershot (is it true that George Borg has been put in hospital by a Harrow player?).<P>Billericay, well, we've lost it. Gary Calder has lost it. I know one player doesn't make a team but over the past three weeks he has refused to use Tommy Morgan (left or right winger) for a full game (only once and that was against Aldershot). We have lost Justin Gentle, who in my mind is a hard working, talented left winger (single handedly destroyed Bedord in the second half) and keeps on playing Lee Williams (a talented player but this season all I've seen him do is stroll around the field).<P>I've got the greatest respect for Gary but at present questions are being asked and he or the team don't seem to have the answers which is strange 'cos on paper we have a very good side this season. What we seem to lack is effort.<P>Oh well, I suppose we are striving to achieve our usual mid table position again which makes all that hype from our Chairman at the beginning of the season read like.... now what was it Rik Mayal said last night....

I would say St Albans do look very good this season, when they beat us, they looked an impressive outfit. <P>But last night I saw the best opposition that I have seen so far beat us. Grays. I even increased my liking for their ground, do you know they actually have a pitch down there now, that you can play football on? Grays knew and Grays did. <P>Andy Douglas and Merv Abrahams looked sensational, don't know where they came from but these lads are special and Grays are definate 'dark horse' material. We could have done better in defence but I don't begrudge the result.<P>I can see that their manager does get in to a few fights. He is just a tad emotional, he and Bob Dowie nearly got 'up close and personal' during the match. <P>Roll on FA Cup......

• 2 weeks later...

You might do a great deal better with the absence of Andy Douglas. <P>I still think they play good football, but I think they will now lack the finishing and you will probably take a 2 goal win. <P>I would still say don't underestimate them and take a look at their no.11, Abraham, I thought he looked very handy.

I know what you mean, Grays seem doomed to this league forevermore, but you never know, if they win the league, no-one will mind because the second team would go up anyway.<P>Seriously, they have it right on the pitch and sorted the playing surface out. Fair play to them for that.<P>Chesh on the other hand have elastic form and need to get our acts together. I am not a happy bunny this morning.