Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Canvey's is better than Chelsea's

Staying-up

That's the pitch.

I went to Chelsea's game yesterday against the farmers and their pitch is a total disgrace. I went to the Hereford game 24 hours earlier and can honestly say that Canvey's pitch is in better than Chelsea's. You would think that with all Chelsea's money they could at least maintain a decent playing surface.

Well done to Mick and the rest of the groundstaff for keeping the Canvey pitch in the condition its in now. They don't have an easy job with the pitch being below sealevel but we have rarely had a game called off for a waterlogged pitch.

When you consider the amount of games played on the Canvey pitch during the season, you have to say that it is absolutely brilliant condition and all credit to the groundstaff for this.

Amazing that the pitch at Chelsea is so poor - they only play their 1st team matches there, reserves are at Aldershot I think, so indeed you have to ask with all their finance available to maintain facilities 2nd to none, why the pitch is in such a terrible state?