Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 18-October 17 )

• Photo
    Springer

• Photo
    DAMO

Photo

Reseves v Thurrock @ Park Lane on Saturday

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
6 replies to this topic

offline Leo

Leo
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Loads of rain this week in the local area and a few reserve games called off just recently.

Has anybody heard if the Canvey Reserves v Thurrock game in the Combination Cup is still on tomorrow (Saturday) please as I would quite like to get along to this if it is.

offline Spursman

Spursman
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Saw that they did indeed play and won 2-0, with Leon Gordon scoring both goals.

Did anybody go along, what was the performance like and is the semi two legs or are Canvey now in the final of the Combination Cup?

offline Lefty

Lefty
They played quite well considering it was full of youngsters no firt teamers and a few reserve regualers missing. Mitchel Lowes played well but overal a good performance by everyone. I don't know if it is 2 legs but there is nothing to indercate this on the website so i would guess not.

offline Spursman

Spursman
Thanks Lefty, appreciate you taking the time to reply. Hopefully Canvey are in the final then and we can hopefully win this Combination Cup and start to put some silverware on the table this season as I think it will take a fall of Devon Loch proportions (non racing fans under 40 won't have a clue what I am talking about there!!!) for the reserves not to win their league this year.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
I know someone who had £20 on ESB to win, what a slide.

In the 50s that was a lot of money.

offline Spursman

Spursman
Wow, I bet the drinks were on your mate that night MOB!!! 100/7 winner with £20 staked in 1956 was a bloody fortune back then and that's a fact. That is something you would never forget.

Amazing tale the story of Devon Loch is too, more so that he was the Queen Mother's horse has now become part of sporting legend.

http://www.grand-nat.../devonloch.html

offline Lefty

Lefty
They are in the final theres more info on the offical webby

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus