Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Reseves v Thurrock @ Park Lane on Saturday

Leo

Loads of rain this week in the local area and a few reserve games called off just recently.

Has anybody heard if the Canvey Reserves v Thurrock game in the Combination Cup is still on tomorrow (Saturday) please as I would quite like to get along to this if it is.

They played quite well considering it was full of youngsters no firt teamers and a few reserve regualers missing. Mitchel Lowes played well but overal a good performance by everyone. I don't know if it is 2 legs but there is nothing to indercate this on the website so i would guess not.

Thanks Lefty, appreciate you taking the time to reply. Hopefully Canvey are in the final then and we can hopefully win this Combination Cup and start to put some silverware on the table this season as I think it will take a fall of Devon Loch proportions (non racing fans under 40 won't have a clue what I am talking about there!!!) for the reserves not to win their league this year.

Wow, I bet the drinks were on your mate that night MOB!!! 100/7 winner with £20 staked in 1956 was a bloody fortune back then and that's a fact. That is something you would never forget.

Amazing tale the story of Devon Loch is too, more so that he was the Queen Mother's horse has now become part of sporting legend.

http://www.grand-national-world.co.uk/gnw/the_race/tales/devonloch.html