Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

CIFC Marketing Techniques

Matt H

MOTM v Sutton  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

• P Nicholls
    • A Lacey
    • C Robinson
    • K Millington
    • D Young
    • J Haverson
    • J Keister
    • W Wilson
    • J Healy
    • L Blackman
    • S West
    • S Cliff
    • L Smith

We all have different ideas and opinions on this subject so I thought I'd start a thread dedicated solely to marketing techniques. What would you like the Club to try as an incentive to attract more fans to Park Lane both pre-season and during the league campaign?

I'll start by suggesting that as our two remaining home games are against ex-League opposition, they're likely to bring as many away fans to equal the number of home fans. So perhaps, especially for the Kidderminster game, if an adult brings along an U16 and pays full price for both they're either given a voucher that entitles them to 'Kids for Quid' for the Exeter game.

OR

An adult brings two or more kids (U16) to the games and only pays full price for one, while the others can get in for just a pound. I'm sure the potential in Clubhouse and Burger bar takings will make up the difference. This should hopefully attract the younger fans to bring a mate or two with them and if they like what they see then they could well return next season!

Alternatively, if you're stuck for ideas, take a look at the Slough forum!

I think there's enough suggestions put forward else where to be honest (and there's far too many threads covering the topic now), but like I said before, I don't think it's just the club that has to market the club. I think the council has an obligation to promote us.

Quote:
Ribbit said:
I think there's enough suggestions put forward else where to be honest (and there's far too many threads covering the topic now), but like I said before, I don't think it's just the club that has to market the club. I think the council has an obligation to promote us.

i agree with you, but cant see Castle pointless bothering.

No. Which leads me to my other points; Canvey needs it's own council with it's own problems. It needs to promote itself and be a place 'to be'. We're an Island so we have the benefit of not merging into other towns like Benfleet, Leigh, Basildon and Rayleigh. We've got our own identity and we deserve to have it - not share it with Benfleet, Hadleigh and Thundersly.

Ok Ribbit!!! So all us supporters who live in Benfleet, Leigh, Basildon and Rayleigh should spend our money elsewhere, good move.

The whole problem is you need to broaden the fan base not narrow it!!

Moving to that bit of land by Waterside Farm would be ideal, if not then Sadlers Farm, that way you get all of those supporters you mentioned.

Yeah I know. One way or the other. At the moment we're nothing to no-one. Promoting Canvey is one way to increase the fan base and the other is to up sticks and move to Waterside/Sadlers Farm.

Not everyone has to be from Canvey to support us. Southend has fans all across the area. Why should we be any different, albeit with a smaller catchment?

Terry Holding I believe.