Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

"Crisis Meeting"

Let's be positive - maybe todays meeting is to discuss a move to Waterside and along with it promotional ideas. Maybe Jeff is going to reveal that he is going to plow more money into the club with the aim of getting us into the League within three years. Maybe he'll reveal that he's been hiding 2000 fans and kidnapping a few more each week until we get really depressed and THEN! he's going to have them all come out and shout 'SURPRISE!' against Kiddy.

Or maybe that last part was just wishful thinking!

Still let's be positive until we know the outcome of the meeting - then we can decide whether to worry or not.

I don't know but I'd rather be doing anything than sitting here at work, bored out of my head. Nine hours I've been in today. Only another three to go... heh 'only'. Another 12 tomorrow and then again on Tuesday. I must be sick in the head or something.

I'm that bored I'm sitting here warbbling on and on about nothing that concerns anybody and probably doesn't even warrant a post but I'm bored and no-one else is posting.

Nothing ever happens on a Sunday, does it? The World stops. Nobody leaves the house or does anything remotely good. That's why Sundays = the worst days in the history of days.

Also Sundays are poor because no-one buys train tickets and that what I do, or what I'm not doing because there's no-one to do it to. I'm probably going to carry on doing this until someone stops me... that's not going to happen.

I can't think of anything else boring to say. Thanks for listening,

The End.

Everyone's at this Charity match I presume, hence why no-one is posting. The bar was open from 1pm so two hours to get tanked up and watch a game of football for a pound!

The 'meeting' was probably another publicity stunt to get people down to the ground today!!

Meeting did take place this afternoon..

Basically Jeff and the King family have pulled all financial backing as of the end of this season

Unless we find new backers or as supporters we can do something financially the club will be no longer..

If we do find financial help then we have the option of staying in the conference or starting again in the Essex senior league. It really is dependent on finding someone or people to save the club

I also heard that the chelmsford rumour is not going ahead because Chelmsford did not want to go straight into the conference, that was only told to me at least 3rd hand..

Thoughts

Chelmsford wouldn't have been able to 'jump' straight into the Conference for a start. The FA have to approve all mergers and the new Club has to start the following season in the League of the lowest place Club at the time of the merge. So Chelmford & Canvey Island United would've started in the Ryman Premier Division.

I'm not disputing that. I'm just saying that they would not have been allowed to go straight into the Conference. The new FA rules prohibit that. (I can't be bothered to go and find them). Whatever the new Club would've been called, it would've had to have started in whichever league Chelmsford currently occupy which, I believe is the Ryman Premier.

well im sure we will find out at some point what the plans where..

I was told that things had been agreed so that if the 2 clubs came together they team would be in the conference.

Do you think Jeff would want to manage in the Ryman Premier? No Chance!

I hardly think Jeff will just 'walk away'. He's been with the Club for 14 years, I don't think he'd just leave it in no-one's authority.

At least he isn't walking away tomorrow. Leaving at the end of the season gives the supporters a few months to come up with a trust and seek other sponsorship/funding/etc. You never know, he might actually want to stay on as Manager, just not use any of his own money as a Director.

But like I said, lets wait for something official.

Know how you feel mate. It's the end of the only era I've known at our Club.

Would love to know what fans who attended today's charity match are thinking right now if they've heard anything.