Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

"Crisis Meeting"

Quote:
Matt CIFC said: What do they know that we don't eh? Just checked the Isthmian fans site again, yet another thread on there dedicated to this and even good ol' Uncle Urchin's getting in on the game!

there's nothing on there matt that isn't on here...just speculation and obviously people will comment...thats what forums are for...as indeed you have an opinion on most things...

I hope it all works out for you whatever happens...(which of course could be nothing)..

Right! We're are going to need all the friends we're going to get. I've read the comments on the Billericay and Grays site and any respect I've had for them clubs has gone out of the window. It's us against them!

Understand what you're saying Dave, but don't tar everyone with the same brush. There are fans in Billericay, Grays, Hornchurch and beyond that are genuinly respectful/concerned about our situation. They're possibly the friends we do need from now on.

S

Sorry mate but c'mon ricay's comments have pissed me off. I'm not going to comment further, it's been an emotional day but I'll stick through it to the end.

Well said Matt CIFC. Most of the negative comment on 'ricays forum is aimed at Chelmsford, and any wish some Clarets may have harboured to jump up the pyramid with a merger, rather than earning it. I think the majority of supporters at 'ricay would be sad to see any local team get into trouble (even Chelmsford!). Good luck.

As a Grays Ath fan I just wanted to wish you all the best of look for the future, I personaly hope that you do find the required financial backing to keep you afloat in the Conf, assuming that the quotes from the meeting are correct.

Keep the faith and fight it all the way, it would be a bad day for Essex football and your fans if you had to fold.

All the best

Got the handbook available. That link has already been used but thanks for posting it. Any ideas are invaluable and most welcome.

will wait for official news of course, but it seems like it's time for everyone to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in.

best of luck with it, and if the worst comes to the worst, as i've read in this thread, the essex senior league is a great laugh. concorde stinks though.

Many thanks Treeboy. At times like this you know who your friends are. Shame more people couldn't show a bit more sympathy. Might happen to them one day.

If we are looking towards a mutual structure involving all stakeholders the below link is useful. The FRGC are good people to ask for advice, they work closely with Supporters Direct and looking on the staff list Geoff Walters is a good person to speak to, a Morecambe fan who I've seen at Canvey before. I'll drop him an e-mail later in the week when the situaution is clearer.

In the meantime I know someone who has done research into supporters trusts and I'll see if I can "borrow" his report.

http://www.football-research.org/docs/modelrules.pdf

Rivals we may be, but I hope you pull through this - I guess its always a danger when you are basically relying on 1 individual to provide the financial backing.

Whilst we all talk about getting that amazing backer to come in and help push a club forwards, the preferred route must always be to have a number of individuals/ companies splitting the backing between them.

Good luck though - no supporter honestly wants to see another club go under this way,

A sad day but let's not forget that the club is not dead and buried yet is it?

There are plenty of people who care about Canvey and if we mobilise ourselves properly, I have no doubt whatsoever that we can save it.

Let's not also forget that the success of the last few years and the fact that the club is in it's highest position ever in the league will undoubtedly make it an attractive proposition for a potential buyer, consortium etc. who may be able to come in and take it on to even greater glory.