Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 15-December 17 )

• Photo
    bronzed_aussie

• Photo
    canvey_92

• Photo
    NowhereMan

• Photo
    SteveC

The truth

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
11 replies to this topic

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
I have just spoke to Chris the truth of the matter:-

Jeff has not stepped down, he has every intention of carrying on, however he is no longer prepared to bank roll the club past the end of this month.

Things are being done behind the scenes, but now is the time for the people of Canvey to step up to the mark. If they want a club, Friday's game will send a clear message to Jeff and all of those behind the scenes as to weather the people of Canvey want it or not.

I understand Jeff has paid £9,000 per week from his own pocket and is gutted by the response from his town, he has finally decided enough is enough and will always stay involved but not as the sole benefactor, he will always "help out in some way" but the King family will not do it on their own anymore.

IF YOU WANT A CLUB BE THERE ON FRIDAY>

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
There has not been an official posting yet as I understand people are trying to get organised there will be news, but we need to be ready to drag every single person on the Island to Friday's game.

I have already told the wife to forget shopping next friday, I am so committed I have even invited my mother in law.

This club will not die none of the board are going as far as we are aware and we can persuade people to stay by proving they are appreciated???

There probably will be a supporters trust, we will need to be very positive and help.

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
That's what was said MOB. I'm afraid I can't comment too much as emotion is giving way as you can see from one of my previous posts.

This club will never die as long as there is people who care about the club and I saw enough of that today.
Live Forever!!!!!

offline Matt H

Matt H
  • Forum Watchdog
  • Supports: Canvey Island
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football
This kind of situation can make grown men cry.

I'm trying desperately to come up with a plan to make it back for the Kiddie game. Shall certainly be there for the Exeter match though.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Just get there and do not come alone!!!

offline LEWIS JAMES HARKER

LEWIS JAMES HARKER
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
i have been to 95% of the matches and im going to the rest of them aswell! COME ON YOU GUYS AND GIRLS!! WE CAN PULL THIS ONE ROUND!! NOTHING MORE NEEDED TO BE SAID!

offline richard sparkes

richard sparkes
  • First XI - Sub
  • Supports: canvey island, west ham and venables
  • Foes: concord,ricay,sarfend and spuds
  • Fav. Player(s): matt game,alan brett and michael bisping
  • Fav. Sport(s): mma,football
i was at the meeting and cant argue 1 bit with what was said but together as 1 will get through this

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Venom if you have a single mate in this world that owes you a favour, now is the time to call it in.

Get them there. Pay to get in, buy a burger, 50/50 and a programme.

offline LEWIS JAMES HARKER

LEWIS JAMES HARKER
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
no i dont have any mates (only joking), well i do but they live down in london.. because thats where i live.. but i have been asking people who live in canvey and most of them said yes.

offline Paddy.c

Paddy.c
  • Reserves
im gonna try and brign every mate i have on friday. this is the way forward

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
hope you are not to lonely paddy lol

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
I might make a few phone calls as well and drum up some support.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus