Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The truth

I have just spoke to Chris the truth of the matter:-

Jeff has not stepped down, he has every intention of carrying on, however he is no longer prepared to bank roll the club past the end of this month.

Things are being done behind the scenes, but now is the time for the people of Canvey to step up to the mark. If they want a club, Friday's game will send a clear message to Jeff and all of those behind the scenes as to weather the people of Canvey want it or not.

I understand Jeff has paid £9,000 per week from his own pocket and is gutted by the response from his town, he has finally decided enough is enough and will always stay involved but not as the sole benefactor, he will always "help out in some way" but the King family will not do it on their own anymore.

IF YOU WANT A CLUB BE THERE ON FRIDAY>

There has not been an official posting yet as I understand people are trying to get organised there will be news, but we need to be ready to drag every single person on the Island to Friday's game.

I have already told the wife to forget shopping next friday, I am so committed I have even invited my mother in law.

This club will not die none of the board are going as far as we are aware and we can persuade people to stay by proving they are appreciated???

There probably will be a supporters trust, we will need to be very positive and help.

That's what was said MOB. I'm afraid I can't comment too much as emotion is giving way as you can see from one of my previous posts.

This club will never die as long as there is people who care about the club and I saw enough of that today.

Live Forever!!!!!

This kind of situation can make grown men cry.

I'm trying desperately to come up with a plan to make it back for the Kiddie game. Shall certainly be there for the Exeter match though.

Venom if you have a single mate in this world that owes you a favour, now is the time to call it in.

Get them there. Pay to get in, buy a burger, 50/50 and a programme.

I might make a few phone calls as well and drum up some support.