Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

CAUTION!!!!!!!!

Please! Please be careful, I am a little disturbed by the tone of some of the comments on this site.

The King family and management team have done a tremedous amount for Canvey Island and CIFC.

They have used their money and time to run the club, I know the comments in this evenings paper came straight from Jeff. He has made assurances about the clubs future and his involvement, I know he is committed to the club and if he does hand it over it will be to "genuine supporters".

Please do not turn thursdays meeting into something aggressive or confrontational.

Kem Bungle et al

We have no rights to start demanding answers to questions or other things, if Jeff wanted he could pack up and sell the club to Basildon United's Chairman(they are currently looking for a ground).

I would suggest in CG's absence we pick half a dozen people to ask the questions, sensible questions based on what we know (for fact)in a conciliatary tone.

If I was on the board and people started firing questions at me in an aggressive manner, I would sling in the towel and walk away, we cant afford for that to happen.

Let's just hear what has to be said,

Lets not take any of the speculation that has been developing on this site

Lets not take rumour, placed here to upset our club.

I would propose what is in tonights paper is the closest we have to fact at the moment, lets act on that.

Do not forget these people are Canvey through and through, please be careful.

First, we are in debt to Jeff and Jack for providing all these years of entertainment, days out and enjoyment and we have gone to places where you would have been locked up even suggesting all those years ago.

To be honest, I’ve been sitting on the fence just watching all the posts come on here and I just can’t keep track.

What we don’t want on Thursday are any idiots shouting things out while someone is talking. It all has to be constructive. There seem to be a few scenario’s floating around at the moment as to what may/will happen. This development is something that just seems to happen to other clubs, but this time it’s ours it’s happened to and it’s a real downer. Just hope things can be brought out at the meeting that will help for the best interests and way forward.

I’ve been thinking about this Friday and if we get a large crowd, this is what it should have been like and all this could have been avoided.

Whatever happens, I think there should be a celebration or acknowledgement to Jeff on what he has led the Island to and achieved in these last 14 years. Haven’t we made some newspaper headlines, Match of the Day, two Trophy finals etc.

I think Friday will be a very emotional day for all and it’s gutting that the club have come so far and for this to happen. If only certain things would have happened to avoid all this.

MOB, I agree that Jeff has done a great job and I would never level any criticism at him as I have the utmost respect for the time, effort and money he has put into the club.

However, I think that as supporters, and I suspect that most of us on this forum are season ticketholders, that we to have a legitimate stake in our club. If we don't, then surely it isn't our club, and we should all just give, accept what will become inevitable and find something else to be on Saturday afternoon.

My suggestions for questions relate to those basic matters which are key to the future of Canvey Island FC - I am not for a moment advocating a confrontational approach, but rather that we identify the issues that need to be addressed and how we address them. I think everyone agrees that we all need to pull together and that requires unity rather than division.

Apologies if my earlier e-mails didn't express this clearly.

Good shout Mick.

Just waiting for me lift to the airport. Bad timing i know(off on me hol's) but had a good meeting tonight with our new think-tank commitee with loads of positives to move us forward and also had a chat with Jeff & Glen about things.

We are talking and planning with a passion, and with the support of Jeff who want's the best for CIFC but not solely at his expense we will need the supporters and local business to get behind the club more than ever before.

We have a meeting on Thursday night in the clubhouse with a guest speaker to advise on club funding and the options for our future.

Please be there to listen and learn so that we can move on with our future, and more importantly get down to Park Lane on Friday to cheer on Jeff and the lads to the highest position in the history of our club.

See you all at Halifax.

Have a good holiday Chris and try and relax, mate!!

Quote:
Chris G. said:

We are talking and planning with a passion, and with the support of Jeff who want's the best for CIFC but not solely at his expense we will need the supporters and local business to get behind the club more than ever before.

I for one am not angry at what the Kings have done for this club, i have only supported the team since moving onto the Island 4 years ago and wish them the best of luck in whatever they do. I am angry however at the local business and the locals of Canvey for not getting involved with a club that is in the up and up, i guess pride of the community is not what people want anymore