Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

We have a supporters trust.

Still lots of work to do, but a great meeting the guy funded by the Football Trust convinced me.

While it is to early to be certain, all is not now doom and gloom, I always thought we would be OK.

Now I know we will be OK.

Quote:
Paula said:
Yeah but how many walked out without signing the sheet??? They all voted and then disappeared!!

I didn't actually see anyone leave without signing. I went outside with my mate, but went back in and signed it before leaving.

I did think it was ungrateful to the chap who came down to speak to us, that they just carried on talking over him a lot of the time. If we're going to get any success with this, we need people like him and allt he help his company can offer us.

I think the vast majority signed and I think some people missed the point of some of the things said, however I think those that count will do their bit and have signed the sheet.

The guy from the BBC got of light I was going to challenge himover the lack of support we get from BBC Essex and I forgot, I wont next time I see him though.

I think it was Kevin. I've had a few so remembering names is a bit of an ask.

I think we should see what Glenn has to say - he spoke to Kevin one-on-one and probably managed to find out more than we did.

Basically he outlined what he does and what the company does. He told us that throwing money into a bucket won't get us anywhere, but putting someone on the board and showing our support for the club will help.

He didn't say anything about how we go about doing that, which is what I think Glenn must have found out. The key for us is raising awareness and getting ourselves a fan base.

Quote:
Paula said:
Wayne was very put out (don't blame him. I saw about a dozen leave - almost ran out of the door!!

Can understand that. Wayne has dedicated alot of time to this club and he must really feel it when people do that. I respect Wayne for doing that and thank him for the time he has given to this club. I hope he somehow stays involved in the future of the club.

Quote:
The Great Eckscape said:
What is vitally important is that the people who stand to lose their jobs at the club are staying to fight for the cause - even though the easy option would be to forget about CIFC and move on.

This affects me as well, as filming Non-League football matches is my full-time job and I cannot afford to do games free of charge.
This is why I had to stop filming Enfield when they had similar financial problems. The supporters then formed Enfield Town F.C. and went in the ESL, but they couldn't afford to pay me once they had done that. Even though I supported the club and voted for their supporters trust, I had to stop filming their games and cover Conference matches instead.
I was gutted about the situation but I had no choice.
It sounds as if Wayne may be in the same predicament ?

I will be there today whether I get paid or not, and I will definitely make sure I get plenty of good shots of the supporters.
When I send the footage in to Conference TV I will put a note in telling them to publicise the situation as well as just showing the match footage.

If Sky or any other TV cameras turn up today (for it being a news story), they can go on the other gantry behind the dugouts !?

If one of you gets a chance try and ask for either Shep or Dave Weaver from KHIST, the Harriers Trust.

They'll give you some advice. We've been part of Supporters Direct for 5 years now and they're the best thing that you could do in your situation.

By the way SD is not a company but a government sponsored organisation.

KHIST: HERE

SD: HERE

My website: Harriers Online