Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Summary of tonight's meeting

I was there but some of it went over my head (I'm a woman)

Basically we are gonna form a supporters trust and there was a form at the end to put details on including any relevant skills you have which could help the trust. Think there was only about 3 people whom voted against.

There is no one who is willing to help financially so it is down to us.

Jeff has basically said he wants to see what we the supporters can come up with. He was not at the meeting.

There are still a lot of unanswered questions as to what league we'll be in, how much financing we will need to survive but it seems that we all want to pull together and save the club!!

I'm sure someone else will fill you in with more of the facts.

I reckon at least 100 people signed those forms at the end - All will become members of the Trust and eligible to vote on candidates as a representative onto the Board - That's the best I could gather from Kevin's speech.

All of this will be relayed back to the company currently in charge of the club and they have a few things to decide, which, most likely involves which League we play in next season. It 99% probably won't be Conference National and I think the Trust will try to pursuade not to go into Conference South, so it looks like it could possibly be ESL, but that's not our decision to make, (unless everything is signed over to the Trust's representatives before the deadline in June).

Current Chairman Keith Johnson and Secretary Wayne Purser will be redundant from the end of the season/month and I think alot of people appreciated Tony Richardson's contribution about the difference between what the trust and current club can/can't do.

The forms will be going around during tomorrow's game and about £70+ was already collected in the jug by the time I left.

I'm sure anyone who was speaking to Kevin personally or even Glen himself when he gets back will be able to confirm anything I've missed or got mixed up. Or alternatively wait for a summary from the Echo or BBC Essex.

Sounds like you've taken the first step tonight along the long old path towards saving the club you all love. I really wish you all the very best in this- I'm sure it wont be easy, but you seem to have a lot of very dedicated people down there-so you'll do it.

I hope you can carry on at this level, and not have to drop down the Pyramid, but if thats what it takes, do it.

I'm hoping though that we get to visit yours again next year, by far one of my favourite teams we have played. Keep going you Canvey crazies- and all the best from Tamworth.

Thanks mate. It is appreciated.

What I will say is I left at 11.30 pm and the atmosphere in the clubhouse was the best I've ever known it. It wasn't doom and gloom, everyone was laughing, cracking jokes, the atmosphere was so positive. We need that and everyone to stick together. The next few months will be hard but ultimately could be very satisfying.

Quote:
Ribbit said:
I didn't know what to put down for skills... so I just put I'd be willing to do anything I can.

There is not 1 person who attended the meeting who cannot contribute to our Trust in one way or another.