Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Canvey island 2 Kidderminster 1

JAY

Cracking game, totally outplayed Kiddy for at least sixty minutes of the game and really could've been 4-0 up at Half-time. Kiddy did deserve their goal for not giving up and managing to capitalise when we started to tire, but to be honest by that time it should've been well out of their reach to get anything from the game.

I decided what with the goings on, off the pitch I couldn't be fussed with today's score - But in the end I'm glad we won! Slightly frustrated at times, but in light of the current situation they can easily be forgot.

Am just sad that our coaching staff left Lee Boylan out of the starting line up today, and especially following his transfer request. It highlighted some of the nonsense decisions made by them during the course of this season. Just like subing John Keeling who was our most potent attacking option, once he came off we went totally out of shape and conceeded a goal, Jason Hallett who had run himself into the ground, should, in my view, have been the one that Boylan replaced.

Still three points to add to our total but I am still very deflated by the current events, and mystery rumours that abound throughout the supporters today...

Quote:
cangull said:
Am just sad that our coaching staff left Lee Boylan out of the starting line up today, and especially following his transfer request. It highlighted some of the nonsense decisions made by them during the course of this season. Just like subing John Keeling who was our most potent attacking option, once he came off we went totally out of shape and conceeded a goal, Jason Hallett who had run himself into the ground, should, in my view, have been the one that Boylan replaced.
Still three points to add to our total but I am still very deflated by the current events, and mystery rumours that abound throughout the supporters today...

Not sure why they left Lee on the bench - perhaps they don't want him getting injured and risk decreasing a potential offer.

It said in the programme that Keeling needed a fitness test beofre todays game so presume he may have been subbed because of this.

Kidderminster were quite a weak side - think they had injury problems and resorted to playing who was ever left in their depleted squad.

It gave us more space and time and the lads looked more than comfortable on the ball and we should have scored quite a few more. Also agre e that when we did make the subs we sort of lost our shape a little. Bimson and Keeling were linking well in the first half as was pleased to see Conroy playing some nice balls up the line and making space for himself.

Do wish we'd seen more of Keeling during the season - I know some of it was injuries but others weren't. He's one of those players, like Lee, that you don't mind paying to watch because they run at people and make the great game exciting.

Good game today - I really enjoyed it. I think we fully deserved the three points as we outplayed Kiddy for much of the game.

I love watching Keeling play and don't want to see him go at the end of the season. Like Mouse said, he brings great excitement to the team and to the match - he's a player that unnerves the opposing teams defence. He's someone that we need playing every week.

In other news, does anyone know how much was collected in those buckets today? I stuck a tenner in one... anybody else?

Quote:
cangull said:
Am just sad that our coaching staff left Lee Boylan out of the starting line up today, and especially following his transfer request. It highlighted some of the nonsense decisions made by them during the course of this season. Just like subing John Keeling who was our most potent attacking option, once he came off we went totally out of shape and conceeded a goal, Jason Hallett who had run himself into the ground,
should, in my view, have been the one that Boylan replaced.

Quite agree, Boylan didn't even bother to warm up.
Jo Dolan not even in the team! Discraceful. Jeff seems to have been on another planet for the past few weeks. I respect what he has done for the club during the past few years, but this year he seems to have lost it.

Quote:
Fosters said:
Quote:
cangull said:
Am just sad that our coaching staff left Lee Boylan out of the starting line up today, and especially following his transfer request. It highlighted some of the nonsense decisions made by them during the course of this season. Just like subing John Keeling who was our most potent attacking option, once he came off we went totally out of shape and conceeded a goal, Jason Hallett who had run himself into the ground,
should, in my view, have been the one that Boylan replaced.

Quite agree, Boylan didn't even bother to warm up.
Jo Dolan not even in the team! Discraceful. Jeff seems to have been on another planet for the past few weeks. I respect what he has done for the club during the past few years, but this year he seems to have lost it.

Just to say that Boylan ran past us a few times, so assume that's warming up.
Enjoyed the game today and there was a spell when we went 2-0 up we were playing some good football and they could not get near us. With Lee coming on, we did seem to lose something and perhaps the tiredness was kicking in a bit also, but a thouroughly deserved 3 points.

When you saw the performance today from our part time side, still seems surreal with the major problem facing us.

It is not an insult to a player when they are subbed, in fact sometimes they request it. I feel sure that WAS the case with Keeling. He does tend to do the headless chicken act, and any football expert will pick up on that, as a mediocre footballer. I think possibly that Boylan talking to the press upset our Jeff, and we all know about his retributions. Apparently the squad at Chelmsford are getting worried about Jeff as his reputation as a manager is causing great concern.I think the atmosphere today was fantastic and I really do think we will all make a go of it, with a new manager and coach we will produce a new team to go forward in what ever league we play in.

Great result today - different style of footie out there. They really seemed to want it today - played as a team. Noto was red hot as was Jason. Dont think anyone had a bad game.

Atmosphere was pretty good to. Think the Yellow Army had a good day today to. It was like being at the away games - more noise than usual.

Well done to all concerned!!

Quite agree. Boylan should not have gone on first. I really do not undestand Jeff's motives. His squad list is usually baffling at the best of times, I really do wish he would pick the best available players on the day rather than his favourites, need I say more!

Quote:
cangull said:
Am just sad that our coaching staff left Lee Boylan out of the starting line up today, and especially following his transfer request.

I know what you are saying, but you have to give credit where credit is due. We dropped Lee today and started with Jason & Dwaine up front.

And who scored our goals - Jason & Dwaine. Lee has been a fantastic player for this club - one of (if not) the best. But we have to accept that he has no future with us and we must make sure we utilise the players we can look to keep for next season.

I wish Lee all the best and have no doubts he will be a success at League 2 or possibly League 1 level, but we need to look after ourselves.

As for the team performance, absolutely top draw. Fantastic, free flowing football, ensured that those who turned up saw exactly what this club has to offer. Mario, Kilo, Jay, Hallett, Clarkey, Wardy, Chenners, the list was endless today for start players.

Well done to the Yellow Army as well. In a day where it could have potentially been very quiet, we created a carnival atmosphere and cheered the lads onto a well deserved victory.

i agree i thought mario had a good game as did every other player in yellow today,i rate mario and glad his had a run in the side same can be said of jay conroy to