Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Early Plans, Buckets, Energy - Where’s It All Leading To?

Guys. Please don’t take this the wrong way. You know this channel is for hopefully having constructive debates and I just thought it might be time to take stock on what is going on at the moment.

It’s fantastic what you are doing, all this getting up at 5am or earlier and walking to Daggers and all the other ideas that have been banded about. It will certainly raise awareness, but what will this lead to thereafter. Yes it’s great that you have raised a grand so far, but even that will be hard to achieve week in week out as time goes on. There really is a great deal of energy being used at the moment, but I do fear it may all come to no avail in time and all this may be very short term. Yes we do need to do something but you could not sustain this week in week out and even a grand a week is perhaps still far too short on what we may need.

Really hope that no one takes this the wrong way. All this is an unknown but I just wanted some realistic responses to what people may see or want to see happen through all the work you are doing as I am unclear what aspirations are.

I really don’t know what the answer is. You need something that will pull in a revenue every week and hopefully with much less energy spent on which you are doing and intend to do.

This idea and market may already be flooded.

Looking at the programme’s commercial corner, there is a weekly lottery with 3 prizes totalling £300. I assume this competition may be more lucrative than the 50/50 inside the ground with perhaps the club taking £600 perhaps, I don’t know. If there was the appetite for this sort of thing, and most people are up for a gamble, perhaps there could be the launch of a new Canvey Island Community Lottery, where the majority of money goes to the club and then perhaps to various other places each week as you will get those who don’t support football, but support things like the women’s institute, salvation army, playgroups etc if you get my drift.

Sure this sort of thing if marketed properly could potentially attract a lot of money for the club and there could be a number of prizes each week winning a free game entrance, as that will boost attendance figures to boot where they will spend extra cash inside the club. It may need some door to door canvassing and leaflets included in the advertiser and recorder at first, but hopefully people can sign up with direct debit or pay in designated places in time thereafter.

Seems like there is an opportunity now for something like this and if it does come off it would support that regular income for the club.

Any knowledgeable ones out there with any grasp on what this lottery could achieve?

In a way, this idea if it works, would sustain the club in future as we know when the major player pulls out then it is hard to put right, or even folds the club in most cases.

This is a community idea for the people of Canvey Island, with the main money for the club, but to aid other institutions and areas of the Island so the Island wins as a whole.

I hope it is leading to a place where Jeff hinted we can go, where the fans own the club.

This early stuff is very important to galvanize support and build up cash to kick things off.

You must all remember this money IS NOT going to the club, it is going towards developing a supporters trust.

Those people who put money in buckets are now stakeholders and have demonstrated that buy putting their money where their mouth is (in the bucket).

That trust may then be used to support/fund/buy the club. The money that is being collected along with signatures is far more important than people may realise.

This is the money that gives "YOU" a say in CIFC's future it is very important,infact more important to the supporters than any other money you may wish to spend on the club as this does not go to the present regime!!!

It may in the end, but you can be involved in this decision.

Quote:
MOB said:
I hope it is leading to a place where Jeff hinted we can go, where the fans own the club.

This early stuff is very important to galvanize support and build up cash to kick things off.

You must all remember this money IS NOT going to the club, it is going towards developing a supporters trust.

Those people who put money in buckets are now stakeholders and have demonstrated that buy putting their money where their mouth is (in the bucket).

That trust may then be used to support/fund/buy the club. The money that is being collected along with signatures is far more important than people may realise.

This is the money that gives "YOU" a say in CIFC's future it is very important,infact more important to the supporters than any other money you may wish to spend on the club as this does not go to the present regime!!!

It may in the end, but you can be involved in this decision.

some great ideas, but i do feel if no other sponsors are found in the closed season i fear the club will be no more.. the fans are doing their best and a great job!!!!!...but if most of the clubs managment leave who knows how to run a football club???? we need help....we need to find someone to lead us the right way.i just hope there is someone out there to help us......has anyone wrote to Jose Mourinho lol....

Quote:
cangull said:
If you had been at the supporters meeting last week, You would have heard that the Supporters Direct group will be guiding us through all the sticky bits and pieces, so do not worry...

They've been fantastic to us, and we don't even qualify for their support (gates are too low). If you've got Kevin working with you, then you'll have no problems with the legal stuff, and the motivation seems to be there looking through stuff on this site. Beyond that, it's all about co-ordinating ideas, intergrating with your community and doing as much as possible to promote and fundraise. It's not an easy road to go down, but at least in the long run your club'll end up being sustainable.