We will be leaving at 5am sharp, and we should arrive at Dagenham at 2pm including a couple of breaks on route.
It is important that everyone is aware that this will be a very difficult challenge. We are all capable of completing it, but it's gonna take a lot of will power and dedication.
Make sure you take a couple of bottles of water or isotonic drinks and some light energy snacks (Mars bar etc), and a small rucksack to carry these in. Make sure you wear sensible clothing as well (comfortable trainers, jogging bottoms, and also take a light rain mac just incase)
We will be aiming for 20 minute miles, which will mean walking on average at 3mph - well within our capabilities and nothing too stressful. For example, this will be the distance of walking from Park Lane to Canvey Library every 20 mins.
Also, make sure you have a contact number incase the situation arises that you cannot continue. The most important thing is that everybody completes the journey SAFELY, and should a problem occur you will not be just left to get on with it, we will ensure you are collected okay.
The safe route we will be taking, and estimated times of check points (before breaks) is:
· Leave Park Lane going via town 5.00am
· Get to Waterside, down A130 5.56am
· Off the Island, over Sadlers Farm past Pound Lane
· Turn right into Fairleigh Road 7.12am
· Turn left into Bearsted Drive 7.12am
· Turn left into Halstow Way 7.18am
· Turn right into Rectory Road 7.20am
· Turn left into Wickford Avenue 7.20am
· Turn right into Pitsea Road 7.32am
· 1st exit at roundabout into Ashlyns 7.38am
· 2nd exit at roundabout into Broadmayne 7.40am
· 2nd exit at roundabout carrying on down Broadmayne
· Carry on down this road
· Last exit at roundabout (A176/B1007) down opposite
· 2nd exit at roundabout (straight over) carrying on down A176 8.30am
· 1st exit at next roundabout into Southend Arterial Road
(Keep Left) 8.36am
· Carry on down A127 and take exit towards A128
(Tilbury Road) 9.42am
· Left at the roundabout at the top of this exit 9.46am
· Right into Station Road 9.58am
· Keep along road into St. Mary’s Lane 10.50am
· Keep on down this road (B186) 10.54am
· Straight over small roundabout carrying on down road 11.00am
· Bear right into High Street 12.06pm
· Keep right into A124 Hornchurch Road 12.30pm
· Keep right into Roneo Corner 12.34pm
· Keep going down A124, now Rushgreen Road 12.38pm
· Turn left into Dagenham Road 12.46pm
· Turn left into A1112 Rainham Road South 13.16pm
· Turn right into Victoria Road 13.22pm
· Finish! 13.22pm
Good luck everybody, you really are doing your club proud!
Also, let's hope for a bit of nice weather eh!