Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Canvey v Daggers 13th April

charles

Goalkeeper. He always gets a bit of banter off us.

Quote:
Lefty said:
today i found out why lee boylan had been on the bench for the last to games. when you have a player of his quality how you can have him on the bench. Listening to BBC essex on the way home from the daggers game BBC essex interviewed jeff and when i found out the reason i was shocked jeff said "he has handed in his transfer request and does not want to play for us" i dont understand this when you have a play like lee with his qualty he should be playing regardless wether he is leaving or not. To me its all silly schoolboy stuff if jeff cares about this club like he says he does then he will surly play his best team.

The flipside to that, as Kevin Rye correctly pointed out during the meeting is that if Boylan broke his leg, no-one is going to fork our 20k for a crocked player that's going to spend all pre-season getting fit again.

Could also be the reason why Tait and Dolan have been playing so little lately.

Good game today I enjoyed it. The more I watch Mario, I think of Charlie Mapes and his dancing around the ball. Should have been trained in Ballet! or perhaps he was. If he could learn to keep it simple and concentrate on accurate first touch deliveries he would make a good player.

Shame Lee has become part of Jeff's mushroom system, but I think we can all see through that.

Quote:
YELLOW said:
Played well today but a bit disappointing to lose a two goal lead. Tony Roberts reaction to Daggers' equalising goal was disgusting. The guy made comments about Daggers being in the Conference and us not next season because he didn't like a bit of banter!!!!

And he wonders why every season he gets abuse from the Canvey fans!!!

I felt like knocking him out! What a piece of sh*t!!
He'll get his comeuppance one day!

There was absolutely no need for that and it's not the first time he has done it.

i'm sure the keeper was on the receiving end of worse banter from you lot.

regarding boylan, it's a tricky one. whilst it would be risky due to injury, you'd also think he'd want to be in the shop window too.

unlucky on not holding onto the lead, but well done to one and all, especially mob jr for walking all the way to 'nam.

Good performance today, to carry on from the result against Kiddy, it seems that a lot of the players have raised their performances since Jeffs announcement as if they are putting themselves in the shop-window or is it just me. Yellow Army on form today, sure will be emotion charged day at Halifax, Come on Gulls !

Quote:
YELLOW said:
There was absolutely no need for that and it's not the first time he has done it.

to be honest with the amount of stick he was getting i would have been a whole lot worse if i was in his shoes, dont get me wrong he is a dick but you cant blame him for having a go when he gets abuse for 45 minutes.

poor game today if you exclude the time keeling was on the pitch. 3 strikers on the bench and a midfielder up front. god forbid we try to end up as high as possible to attract sponsors