Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Queries re: Gift Aid, board representation etc.

Kevin_Rye

Quote:
Kevin_Rye said:
I certainly don't think that you need to go down to ESL level, and I'm not even convinced that you need to drop to Ryman level - Prem or Div 1.

Someone made the point about not being able to compete in the Conf South without a sponsor. Your gates could reasonably be expected to be around the 500-700 mark if you play in the Conf South - compete in the division that is. You have a bar that brings in money, you can hire out your facilities for events etc. Of course that's nothing like having one person or a business putting in thousands a week, but then you all knew how unsustainable that was.

Hornchurch went bust because they were being funded by one person on a whim; as I understand it, when his business(es) collapsed, so did the football club. That is not, as I understand it, what's happening at Canvey, and in my opinion if you dropped that far down, it's not being honest with yourselves over what you might be able to achieve. Instead it's taking, IMO, a bit of an easy way out without even attempting an alternative.

Look at things less one-dimensionally; if Jeff leaves, that doesn't mean you can't compete at Conference National or Nationwide South level, but it does mean that you'll have to cut your cloth accordingly, and more appropriately. That might well mean taking a voluntary relegation, but it doesn't have to mean doing what Hornchurch did under quite different circumstances. And besides, I certainly hope that in the not too distant future that you're owned in a quite different way to how Hornchurch still are.

Running a football business is often as much about self confidence and self belief as it is shrewd financial planning.

Whoever runs Canvey in the long term needs to build a sustainable football club, rooted in its local community. I can think of no better people to do that than the over 150 people who attended on Thursday night; the fans.

Kevin thanks for posting and for all the work you are doing for CIFC.

I must admit i would be very concerned if we applied to play in the Conf South next season, i can`t see how we would pay for it unless a sponsor could be found or we dig into our own pockets each week.

Who says you need £8k a week? There's a balance to be struck between being over optimistic and gambling the future of the club - the Conference National would appear to be possibly too high a standard of competition - and being realistic. If Cambridge City, looking at their potential budgets and forecasts, believe they can play in NS, then so can Canvey. They might change their mind, but I view them as a not dissimilar club to yourselves.

Canvey must surely aim to play at the highest level they can.kevin has a lot of experience of clubs in our situation,i take very seriously what he has said about our future.

thanks kevin for taking the time to post on here and trying to answer our queries,whilst offering reassurance about the clubs potential.

We're all in the results business: what's the point in being the best community football club in the world, if you lose every week and finish bottom all the time? There's a balance to be struck between taking risks, competing, and gambling the club's future on the turn of a dice, IYSIM.

What we also need to realise is that our attendances have the potential to increase, and with our efforts I am convinced they will. As stated previously, we can now grab this club round the scruff of the neck and wave it in the face of the local community, because we will be able to get involved.

Quote:
The Great Eckscape said:
What we also need to realise is that our attendances have the potential to increase, and with our efforts I am convinced they will. As stated previously, we can now grab this club round the scruff of the neck and wave it in the face of the local community, because we will be able to get involved.

I agree there is potential for an increase in attendance but i wouldn`t want to set a budget on potential, we should set a realistic budget and anything we get on top is a bonus.

Cambridge City's crowds are not fantastic but they do well every season.

Another side is Sutton who get 500/600 and survive comfortably in Conference South. Helps they possess a good youth policy.

Quote:
Kevin_Rye said: And besides, I certainly hope that in the not too distant future that you're owned in a quite different way to how Hornchurch still are.

Is that so Mr Rye, and what exactly are your objections to the way that our football club is owned and run. (seeing as though we are profitable and have just completed a double of championship and gbmt and been promoted.) As a director and shareholder of afcw I would advise you very strongly about peddling your profit seeking wares on here or any other public forum. You didn't make any money out of Hx's demise and I sincerely hope that the good and decent folk of canvey don't allow you to make any money out of them either.

By all means pass your personal opinions, but cross the line and you will find this little lady very very dangerous.

Heh! Heh!

I really do not think he was having a dig at Hx!

I read it and wondered if you would pick up on it. BTW we will not be giving anyone any money.

Quote:
URCHINETT said:
Quote:
Kevin_Rye said: And besides, I certainly hope that in the not too distant future that you're owned in a quite different way to how Hornchurch still are.

You didn't make any money out of Hx's demise and I sincerely hope that the good and decent folk of canvey don't allow you to make any money out of them either.

By all means pass your personal opinions, but cross the line and you will find this little lady very very dangerous.

What has this got to do with Hornchurch and why are you on our forum making insinuations agains a bloke who is trying to help us out of the mess we are in?

We don't need Hornchurch and this club will survive without your two bobs worth so go away.