Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Altrincham Punished

Matt H

Docked 18 points and received a 1000 pound fine due to the James Robinson incident.

This would put them bottom of the Conference, currently on 23 points, (12 points below current second from bottom Forest Green Rovers).

An appeal to the FA is being decided.

Very harsh indeed!!!!

Harsh! I dunno what with us and Altrincham going down, I guess a few FGR supporters will be thinking it was rather fair.

I know and so do you Yellow that some clubs in the Conference have played players this year while banned and got away with it (wink, wink).

Surely the FA will allow an appeall and reduce it to 9 points, which will still sink them.

The Conference does it again, last year it went out of its way to relegate Northwich now they have done it with Northwich. If they were a League club theres no way they would get that punishment. Yes they broke the rules and deserve a heavy fine but not certain relegation.

With our pending resignation from the Conference it means once again no club from the Conference will go down purely on Footballing matters. Forest Green will survive again. In fact in the last 3 seasons just two teams have been properly relegated from the Conference.

My guess is the points deduction is cos they amassed 15 points with him playing, with a bonus three points added for breaking a rule. Of course if we resign and Scarborough don't exit administration by (I think) end of May then Altrincham will survive anyway (but I'm sure they will appeal in the meantime).

Can't see why Accrington are getting away scott free with this. They had an ineligable player on their books and receive no punishment, not even a fine even if he didn't actually play a Conference fixture.

Accrington sell him on to Altrincham and he plays some games and scores some goals. Altrincham assume everything is fine as they bought him from another English club, not knowing that he wasn't cleared to play for Accrington in the first place.

Accrington receive no punishment.

Altrincham receive a fine, the 15 points won from the games Robinson played in deducted, plus a 3 point penalty.

Quote:
Matt CIFC said:
Can't see why Accrington are getting away scott free with this. They had an ineligable player on their books and receive no punishment, not even a fine even if he didn't actually play a Conference fixture.

Accrington sell him on to Altrincham and he plays some games and scores some goals. Altrincham assume everything is fine as they bought him from another English club, not knowing that he wasn't cleared to play for Accrington in the first place.

Accrington receive no punishment.
Altrincham receive a fine, the 15 points won from the games Robinson played in deducted, plus a 3 point penalty.

Whilst at Accrington he did not play in any competitive matches - I think he just trained before moving on.

Alty are at fault for "taking it for granted" that Accy had vetted him and everything was OK. At the end of the day Alty should have run their own checks upon him as a matter of routine.

At the end of the day I think the punishment is rather harsh but believe the FA originally fellt Alty had nothing to answer - suppose there may be a lot of side shuffling and back tracking before long - what a shambles.

The guy is English anyway! He played for Accrington's Reserves, (who've been expelled from their league for unrelated matters anyway).

The FA, (not the Conference) could fine Accy for having a registered player that did not have the correct paperwork.

Alty look set to appeal once they've received confirmation of the penalty in writing.

Everyone is going to love beating Forest Green next season.

Quote:
Matt CIFC said:
The guy is English anyway! He played for Accrington's Reserves, (who've been expelled from their league for unrelated matters anyway).

The FA, (not the Conference) could fine Accy for having a registered player that did not have the correct paperwork.

Alty look set to appeal once they've received confirmation of the penalty in writing.

Everyone is going to love beating Forest Green next season.

Did Accrington`s reserves get expelled or did they leave of their free will?

If anyone has shafted Altrincham it`s the player not Accrington, the English F.A. only got interested when his new club in Australia contacted them asking for international clearance which is what Accrington and then Altrincham should have done, it then came to light that his registration was still held by the Icelandic F.A.

Quote:
ken said:
didnt canvey do a similer thing when we played a suspended player in the reserves and had to forfit the league

I think our Reserves were deducted points last season for fielding Ollie Berquez while he was under suspension.