Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Time to go to the Council

Quote:
Paula said:
I have a Labour Councillor living 2 doors away from me in Benfleet. He is a season ticket holder. Now unfortunately I go away for a week tomorrow so wont be able to speak to him but surely he could do something. He will know who he is if he is reading this. He is a Labour Councillor and I believe was once the Mayor of Castle Point and a friend of Jeffs.
Can we not approach him. He'll be at the match on Saturday (I won't unfortunately)

Labour only currently has one councillor in Castle Point (North Ward on Canvey itself - although I'm sure I know who you are refering to), he is also a season ticket holder. Although one man against a whole council of tories is tough odds for anyone.

To the CIIP comment, I think it's been proved recently that they are weak opposition (although I've lost my interest recently in local and national politics) to the tory administration, quite unprofessional too. They'd run a press release and nothing would ever get done - although the same could probably be said about most parties at the present time.

There are many options available to us. Perhaps even the setting up of a "Sports Council" for Castle Point, I know a few other boroughs that have it. Might be an idea what with the current sport and leisure facilites in Castle Point and especially on Canvey being well below what they should be.