Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Meeting 20/04/06

Meeting that took place Thursday 20/04/06

A committee of between 8 and 12 people will be set up,these people will be selected from those that have signed the supporters trust. We will resign from the conference by the May deadline and our first choice will be the southern league.If this is not acceptable we would look to compete in the Essex Senior League.Committee will decide the appropiate budget and select a new manager for next season as soon as we know what league we are in.Names mentioned John Batch who is our current reserve team manager,Ben Embery,Eddie Crace (Concord Rangers Manager),Gary Britnell

There's a lot of second hand information in there, and a lot that wasn't even mentioned in the meeting. Rather than spreading rumours (especially when it involves other teams managers), is it unreasonable to wait for official confirmation which will follow shortly?

I can confirm that the Inaugural Meeting of the Supporters Trust will be on Thursday 4th May 2006 in the clubhouse (time to be confirmed.) Here, we will elect the committee (which is likely to be 10-12 strong), who will be designated to certain jobs which are essential to the trust.

Anyone who has put their name down to be part of the trust will be eligible to nominate either themselves or somebody they think should be part of the committee. Everyone who has put their name down will then receive information on all of the candidates so that come the night of the meeting they can vote for the people they see fit.

The areas we will be looking to appoint people to will include:

- Trust Secretary

- Financial Account Management

- Sponsorship/Advertising

- Stewarding & Safety

- Bar & Refreshments

- Supporter Relations

- Community Awareness

...and other necessary areas.

Quote:
Ontheinside said:
Our first choice will be the southern league

Once again I pay a visit to another's site in an attempt to find info on our possible opposition next season... Assuming my Geography's correct and the proposed restructuring of the lower pyramid steps takes place.

Southern League Step 3 (Premier) (Yellow dots on the map)

Banbury United
Bath City
Bedford Town
Boreham Wood
Brackley Town
Cheshunt
Chippenham Town
Cirencester Town
Clevedon Town
Corby Town
Gloucester City
Grantham Town
Halesowen Town
Hitchin Town
Maidenhead United
Mangotsfield United
Merthyr Tydfil
Rugby Town
Team Bath
Tiverton Town
Wealdstone
Yate Town

step3-06.gif

Southern League Step 4 (East/South/Whatever) (Blue dots on the map.)

Abingdon United
Bashley
Beaconsfield SYCOB
Bracknell Town
Brook House
Burnham
Chesham United
Didcot Town
Fleet Town
Hanwell Town
Hillingdon Borough
Lymington & New Milton
Marlow
Northwood
Oxford City
Paulton Rovers
Swindon Supermarine
Taunton Town
Thatcham Town
Uxbridge
Winchester City
Windsor & Eton

step4-06.gif

The prospect of Taunton or Merthyr on a Tuesday night is not pleasing!

I must say though that the lower red dots on the second map do seem promising, (Isthmian 1 North) but what we want and what we get could be two totally different things.

Quote:
blooming barmy bongo said:
just one question, these people that are assuming making the decsions as stated above, are they going to be heavily involved on the club next year, if not then i think it is up to the trust to decide where they would like to be in the leagues.

No decisions have been made, as the point of the Trust is that we work democratically. All that is being done at the moment is people discussing the possibilites for next year , so that when the Trust is formed, whoever is on the committee has some starting ground to work from.

That's why a lot of this nonsence about which leagues we will be in meetings on here and to anybody who asks me in person, hopefully that will avoid these rumours which are not doing anyone any good.

if we did go to the southern we would be looking at southern div one with teams like

Arlesey Town

Great Wakering Rovers

Aveley

Harlow Town

Barking & East Ham United

Ilford

Barton Rovers

Potters Bar Town

Berkhamsted Town

Rothwell Town

Boreham Wood

Sittingbourne

Chatham Town

Stamford

Corby Town

Uxbridge

Dartford

Waltham Forest

Enfield

Wingate & Finchley

Enfield Town

Wivenhoe Town

give or take who goes up and down

Quote:
CanveyLad0 said:
if we did go to the southern we would be looking at southern div one with teams like
Arlesey Town
Great Wakering Rovers
Aveley
Harlow Town
Ilford
Barton Rovers
Potters Bar Town
Berkhamsted Town
Rothwell Town
Boreham Wood
Sittingbourne
Chatham Town
Stamford
Corby Town
Uxbridge
Dartford
Waltham Forest
Enfield
Wingate & Finchley
Enfield Town
Wivenhoe Town

give or take who goes up and down

Not if the restructuring goes a head. The majority of those teams will be in Isthmian 1 North next year. The lower red dots on the second map.

AFC Hornchurch
AFC Sudbury
Arlesey Town
Aveley
Barton Rovers
Burnham Ramblers
Bury Town
Enfield
Great Wakering Rovers
Harlow Town
Hemel Hempstead
Ilford
Maldon Town
Potters Bar Town
Redbridge
Waltham Abbey
Waltham Forest
Ware
Wingate & Finchley
Witham Town
Wivenhoe Town

To apply for this league would make much more sense and will allow us to visit some old haunts!

I do not wish to come onto your forum and gloat. I would however, despite local rivalries etc., like to offer my sincere sympathy with the situation that you currently find yourselves.

I know many other G&N supporters will have a different view to mine, however as it is beginning to look like you will be playing in a different league next season, I would like to say how much the games between our two clubs will be missed next season.

Whatever the outcome of meetings, league restructures etc. etc. I would to take this opportunity to wish Canvey Island Fc, in whatever format it ultimately finds itself, all the very best for the future.

to be honest, the way i see it is that how can the leagues account for putting canvey in at step 4 (i.e. southern league or ryman one) as there is a shortage of places already.

many teams at step 5 have worked tirelessly preparing their grounds to be up to the requied standard. i play for burnham ramblers and we have well and truel messed up our promotion bid in the last few weeks but if we hadnt we would have been looking at promotion. now in the ESL top spot is guaranteed but there is an uncertainness about 2/3 places (at the beginning of season 1,2 and 3rd were all going up but once again the FA moved the goalposts).

how can the FA account for depriving a team who has prepared a whole season for this to accomodate canvey being voluntarily relegated.

i think all this talk of what league the canvey fans WANT to be in is very hasty. the way i see it is that canvey will have to play in the ESL.

dont get me wrong i am a closet canvey fan and go to watch a lot of the matches. this is just my opinion on things at the moment.

What happens if one of the 31 teams sitting in the promotion spots at Step 5 can't be promoted due to their ground not passing?

Who takes their spot in Step 4? Or is one of the worst 7 from Step 4 reprieved from relegation?

well to be honest matt it is very much up in the air.

but all the teams in the top 3 of step 5 leagues are in with a shout. most grounds have already passed. there are about 11/12 that havent been graded yet but as i said this was a big year with plenty of teams given the opportunity of promotion so a lot of clubs pulled the fingers out......and their wallets!

Meeting? Can someone elaborate on this so called meeting? I do remember putting my name to the list of Trust members but I have had no notice of any meetings.

If it was not a Trust meeting then why have decisions already been made as to where we will be next year.

Why has it already been decided that there will be 12 mmembers on the committee?

Do I detect some underhanded goings with regard to the supporters Club, surely the supporters Club and the Trust are two different bodies, I know that the membership are possibly a large percentage of each but there were people that signed the Trust forms that I know are not members of the Club.

I dont like what I have read on this thread, I have some good friends in the supporters Club but it has unsettled me, I have to say... there is the saying that there is not smoke without fire.