Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Meeting 20/04/06

Exactly, I am not getting paranoid at all. I think it wrong that a group of poeople from one body should start making arrangements and 'et all' regarding another body, especially when the trust has a whole new bunch of prospective supporters. As I said, I have a lot of friends on the committee of the supporters club therefor I am not new so to speak, we have to consider what can be misconstrude by people coming into the trust list.

It has to be those who elect the people that will be making the decisions, not the elected members from a different body.

IT ALL HAS TO START CORRECTLY and without any miss trust,(without coining a phrase)

Right I think I should put a few points clear.

Firstly, as Ronin says, we do not have a Supporters Trust. We will do shortly after the inaugural meeting on May 4th, but until then there is no Trust.

As for "decisions already been made as to where we will be next year", as I have said countless times that nothing has been decided. If you take the word of people on this forum who post once and go again then you need to open your eyes a bit.

The number of people on the committee is after taking advise from other committees onto how they run, and also by seeing how many jobs need doing. I said it is "likely to be 10-12 strong" - that is not confirmation that a decision has been made but instead just stating the general opinion. If more people are needed then we can elect more people, it's purely about ensuring all areas are covered.

The meetings we have had so far have been between people who are currently involved in the Club or Supporters Club. I'm not talking about Jeff, Keith etc, but people who currently organise certain areas of the club. Chris Gardner for the Supporters Club, John Morris as Safety Officer, Steve Arnold as Head Steward, Dennis Rugg and Gary Sutton for their past and continuing involvement in CIFC, Sue Bass for the Bar/Refreshment side of things, and myself and a couple of others who attend most if not all games to give a fans perspective.

WE DO NOT HAVE ANY POWER TO MAKE DECISIONS such as which league we'll be in etc, only the committee of the Supporters Trust can do that. After all, as stated previously, anybody will be entitled to stand for election, so why would we "make decisions" when the committee may be completely different.

The meetings we have had are more "think tank" ideas which are essential processess and recommended by Supporters Direct. Their content is by no means confidential, and anyone who would like to discuss any point/ask questions about any issues can do either in person or by sending me a PM and I'll be happy to relay the information.

I can't stress enough however that there is no need to be paranoid, we are simply sharing our thoughts just the same as people do on this forum.

Glenn!!

That is great and I hope it puts peoples minds at ease, you can understand the worries, even if not founded.

It might be an idea that in future minutes or a summary of meetings are posted straight away to help halt gossip and speculation.

You have my confidence and that of most supporters I am sure.

Keep up the good work all of you.