Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Sponsor

Ribbit

Somebody at work yesterday suggested that we conctact National Express and see if they want to sponsor us under their c2c moniker. We're always saying that we want people on the trains passing Canvey to know that the club is there (and ideally see us at Waterside, though that is a way off), so maybe this is the way to go about doing so. Also it gives National Express a chance to advertise their company. I'm sure they could even come up with promotions, such as joint train tickets and entrance to Park Lane, with a bus running from Benfleet Station.

I don't know, but it sounded like a good idea to me. Maybe someone with a bit more say in the Supporters Trust and thus the club would find it worthwhile e-mailing them. What's the worst that can happen? They tell us to piss off.

Before we contact them we need to put together a package of what we offer, the benefits they would get, what we would expect in return etc.

To contact them before this would be a bit "unprofessional". Of course, we could do that as a ploy for "local sympathy" but they'd probably just ignore us or fleece us.

Anyone interested in Sports Marketing should read Shank, M. D. Sports Marketing: A Strategic Perspective. I used it for my degree and its excellently laid out and simple to use. Although it's rather US oriented, if you can see beyond this it is concise and clear.

Follow the link to Amazon. Alternatively, I have a copy and anyone is welcome to borrow it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN...3946244-5547867