Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Southend Echo

sidney

Re: Southend Evening Echo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.26 today

The worst kept secret in soccer is likely to become reality later today with an official announcement that Jeff King is to become the new manager of Chelmsford City.

Since the Canvey football club owner and manager announced nearly three weeks ago that he would no longer bankroll the island outfit from the end of this term rumours have linked him with a switch to the Ryman Premier club.

Poor gates at Park Lane have led to King's companies financing the club to the tune of about £8,000 a week and it is felt that Chelmsford, with a far larger fan base, will have a better chance of going even further than Gulls in the long term.

Glenn Pennyfather, who has been with King as assistant during his magnificent march through the lower ranks of the non-league game to the Nationwide Conference, would be expected to join him in his switch to Melbourne Park.

The delay in announcing King's plans - he would be at Chelmsford in a pure footballing role and not involved in the financing of the club - is believed to be due to City chairman Paul Hopkins being in America on holiday

---------------------------------------------------------

what a suprise!!!

Like i have stated before i am very piss ed off that Jeff did not give the club more notice that he was pulling his backing, if we would have known earlier it may have been possible for the club to stay in the Conference..

To be honest my view is that Jeff didn't want the club in the conference because he was off to Chelmsford in the Ryman Premier so he has given us no time to find backers and cash..

Just my Opinion

The headline on the Echo website has changed since I last looked a couple of hours ago.

It now reads - "King Prepares To Take City Throne"

They've also shortened the article to just the first two paragraphs instead of the five above.

No-one said "I don't believe you". They just wanted the [****!!****] to stop being stirred until the facts came out - They still haven't.

The truth could've been told, just not from an official source. Hence why people doubt anything without credability.

All you've done Sidney is be smug and rub our noses in it. Why would someone do that to supporters who are obviously upset at how things are going?

You may think your smart or something but you've only acheived in being someone who will always be hated for the way your presumptions affect people.

Thats fine by me mate. Have it your way.

Sidney - you've only ever come on here to crow about Jeff King and "his big secret". You've not said anything that is of any interest about the future of Canvey Island football club or its fans. Your "I told you so" attitude is tiresome.

I agreed with you about him going to Chelmsford but he won't be putting any money in - his dad won't let him as he's wasted enough money on his footballing hobby already.

You'll get a management team and quite a few players who may well follow - although I don't it will be as many as people think.

Personally, I think he'll find it a lot harder second time around. He won't like it if the supporters get on his back and he's used to having overall control - but I suppose the grass always looks greener elsewhere......