Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Don’t Throw It All Away Jeff

Exactly guys, the whole situation stinks, Jeff wishes the club well in the article and is holding a meeting to move the club on, yet he and the playing staff are moving on to Chelmsford without any official announcement. What the **** is going on here, I know we all know it was going to happen but treat us with a bit of respect please ! ps where will Dick Marshall ply his trade now ? He used to be a Billericay man you know !

well thank you mr. king for all your financial support over the last 14 years,i like many other fans do wonder about your managerial skills(did well on sat with you on the terraces)and also wonder if you go to chelmsford what the fans there would think if you had your usual 2 or 3 holidays(away scouting) every season especialy if they are not doing well.

Quote:
ken said:
he is buggering off and taking the squad with him, its stimmo all over gain

I think this is a completely different situation. We won't be able to keep any of the players if we drop down leagues, so if they choose to play Ryman football then so be it. Maybe a bit of a strange choice for a few of them who have proved that they are at least Conference Standard, but I wouldn't criticise any of them for going to Chelmsford.

And as for Jeff, who better to bring in to his new club than players he already knows and respects?

Quote:
The Great Eckscape saidI think this is a completely different situation. We won't be able to keep any of the players if we drop down leagues, so if they choose to play Ryman football then so be it. Maybe a bit of a strange choice for a few of them who have proved that they are at least Conference Standard, but I wouldn't criticise any of them for going to Chelmsford.

And as for Jeff, who better to bring in to his new club than players he already knows and respects?

so do I, but there are definatly similarities both have dropped leagues to further their carriers and make more money and both have talked players into leaving a club whilst still serving the club

On Ceefax yesterday it said Jeff was having a meeting either tonight or tomorrow night with “7” others to discuss the future of the club.

A statement on the page said that Jeff hoped the club would stay in the conference, and the team was still improving.

So Jeff was on the terraces at the Shay - didn't anyone ask him outright what the hell was going on ?

Yes by all means thank him for his support over the years but does he not owe the fans an explanation at the very least.

Now the season is over, it is about time everyone knew where they stand for next season - do Canvey have to sign a complete new team ?, In what league will they play ?, is Jeff sticking by his pound for pound promise if he is involved elsewhere in the county, and would his new 'employers' agree to it.

So many questions remain unaswered to the detriment of all concerned.

YOU SHOULD HAVE KIDNAPPED HIM SATURDAY AND HELD HIM TO RANSOM.

Personally i thought Jeff being in the stand with us on Saturday was very unproffesional of him..

It felt a little bit like he was rubbing the situation in the supporters faces..

And for those who sang "Jeff King yellow army" you should be ashamed..

Jeff has thrown our club into turmoil and he seems to be enjoying making everyone sweat about this ongoing official statement

Personally the whole situation has become an absolute Circus!!!

Quote:
eggy said:
And for those who sang "Jeff King yellow army" you should be ashamed..

Some people have very short memories. So Jeff King runs our club for close on 15 years, gives us endless trophies and success. He eventually decides to call it a day and people get at him. I know it is frustrating that information seems to have been witheld, but now that the season is over hopefully that will change.

Personally, I think your attitude is ridiculous and you need to get some perspective about what that man has done for Canvey Island Football Club.

I agree that Jeff has done a great job over his time at the club but i just feel the whole situation has been made into a complete circus because of his lack of communication

Jeff is saying he wants the best for the club but personally i feel he is just looking after himself..

He has made no effort or given us supporters time to protect the club at Conference / Conference south level.. Why is this?

Totally agree with you 'The Great Eckscape'without Jeff King we would not have achieved any if what we have over the last 14 years.

Okay it is sad that he is leaving to go to Chelmsford but I can understand his frustration in just getting 400 crowds.

If Jeff is reading this I would like to thank him for the wonderful memories over the last few years.

We have had 2 FA Trophy Finals, knocked out 3 League clubs in the FA Cup, 3 huge games with Southend in the FA Cup, 5 promotions including winning the Ryman League, 3 Runners up in the Ryman League and 2 seasons in the Conference where we have more than held our own.

We have seen players like Steve Tilson, Jeff Minton, Neil Gregory and Lee Boylan to name a few who would never have played for Canvey if it were not for Jeff King.

Maybe we are going to have to start again now but we will always have those memories. Canvey have achieved more in the last 10 years than a club like Billericay will achieve in a 100

(so can't resist having a dig at them)

I have no problem with Jeff leaving Canvey after 14 years to look for a new challenge. He comes across as a very ambitious man. Nor do I particularly care where he is going. Could be Chelmsford, could be Chelsea, makes no difference to me as a Canvey fan.

However I am disappointed that this all came out so late in the season. If Jeff had announced at the beginning of the campaign that this would be his last at Canvey, I'm positive that we could've carried on in the Conference next year, had a Trust already setup and maybe even Jeff would've been awarded a Testimonial.

I think the attitude from some people on this forum (and others) over the last week or so towards Jeff King has been a joke, all the bitterness is in my eyes uncalled for.

He ran the club as he wanted because it was his to run! It seems the club will be ours to run in the future, let`s hope we can fullfill the utopian dream which some people think will happen.

I agree with Ronin. Bitterness is not the way and gets us nowhere. We're all better off keeping our mouths shut and getting our heads down with the task ahead.

Slagging off individuals will get us nowhere. We need friends rather than enemies. Let's move on and secure our future.

Eggy

That father christmas geezer what a basta^d, all those years giving me presents, suddenly nothing, f^ckin cheek!!!

I do not think the fella deciding to keep his hand in his pocket is anybodies concern but his own.

Quote:
ronin said:
I think the attitude from some people on this forum (and others) over the last week or so towards Jeff King has been a joke, all the bitterness is in my eyes uncalled for.

He ran the club as he wanted because it was his to run! It seems the club will be ours to run in the future, let`s hope we can fullfill the utopian dream which some people think will happen.

are you calling me a joke i was saying that so that if i was to leave a club i would leave it in safe hands & i believe that my attitude on this forum or towards Jeff king is not a joke as i have posted in recent weeks that you survive & hope you stay as high as possible