Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 20-August 17 )

• Photo
    Andy the Marsh Rat

• Photo
    ChorleyClaret

• Photo
    Roger Kint

• Photo
    skunkster

• Photo
    bomaya

• Photo
    Outback

• Photo
    I know the off side rule

Photo

Canvey Future manager

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
29 replies to this topic

offline Grays

Grays
  • Trainee
maybe if you lot stay in the conference next season & jeff still moves on & you have a backer i think you should try for glenn pennyfather as the manager as ive noticed when you played us that he done more of the tactical work & coaching than jeff king

good luck for the future lads as i hope someone comes forward with the money to keep you going in the conference

offline JAY

JAY
  • Reserves Coach
hope they do stay in the conference but hope we play them next season

offline Gully

Gully
  • Reserves
think that you will find that glenn pennyfather will go with jeff.
thanks everyone for all your good luck messages.
may i say that i think that the conference will be a poorer,less colourful,certainly less noisy(!) place without the canvey fans.

offline JAY

JAY
  • Reserves Coach
yes think you will be missed in the conference but hope for a game against you lot home & away next season

offline Staying-up

Staying-up
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
I look forward to another visit to Hx especially your clubhouse. Best clubhouse I have ever seen. Are the Urchenettes still working behind the bar?

offline Spursman

Spursman
How about Brian Horne? He managed Concorde didn't he? Think he would do a pretty good job unless he is leaving with Jeff and Glen too.

offline CanveyLad0

CanveyLad0
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
he has been told to stay away from football managing and coaching due to his health, as we all know he has a heart attack. thats why stop stop training danny rich and ricky

offline Spursman

Spursman
Didn't know that actually. I am really sorry to hear that but thought I hadn't seen him about recently.

Sad news - I remember when I lived in London going to see Millwall a few times the season they went up to Division One (top flite then & Premier League of it's day) and Horney was a top class keeper indeed.

Wishing him all the very best for a speedy return to health soon.

offline ronin

ronin
  • First XI - Permanent
John Batch would be my choice for the job, he`s done very good work with the reserves and hopefully he will continue with those players as our first team.

offline Spursman

Spursman
Think that John Batch will probably be the man who gets the job. Certainly done a superb job for the reserves this year and on the strength of that deserves a chance.

offline A Non E Mouse

A Non E Mouse
  • First XI - Sub
This is going to be a very big decision for next season - feel we need to make an impact in whatever league we end up in so that we maintain interest and momentum.

If we end up in the ESL or equivalent and keep the reserves then I suppose John Batch may be an ideal candidate.

I was speaking to an ex semi-pro player a few weeks ago and he asked about the Canvey situation and we spoke about management.

I mentioned that someone who had not posted on here before mentioned Ben Embery as a possible candidate. The guy I spoke to said that Ben Embery would certainly do a good job on a low budget in a lower league and get results - Embery has many contacts and likes to play it on the deck. He said Jeff and Ben can't stand each other.

Any views on Ben Embery any one?

Who will decide on a new management appointment and has anyone experience in "interviewing a manager"? Hopefully Jeff will have no input as there appears to be quite a few people whom Jeff doesn't get on with.

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
Embery I seem to remember did a good job at Braintree. Achieved a top 3 position in the Ryman League a few seasons back.

Did he also win the ESL with Concord?

offline Matt H

Matt H
  • Forum Watchdog
  • Supports: Canvey Island
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football
He was in charge of affairs at Park Lane in the late 80's prior to King taking over.

offline michael

michael
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Margate
I reckon it will be Chris Kinnear

offline thomarocky

thomarocky
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
John Batch for me if we are playing at a lower level, but if not Craig Edwards.

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
Definitely not Edwards. The guy is a thug and I'll never forgive him for his comments about Canvey and the way he celebrated after Grays beat us 2-1 in a crucial game near the end of the season we were going for the title with Gravesend (he was then Grays manager)

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
Quote:
michaelmichael said:
I reckon it will be Chris Kinnear

Did a great job for Margate and stayed loyal to them for many years even when better offers came his way from bigger clubs. Treated harshly in my opinion by the club.

offline Matt H

Matt H
  • Forum Watchdog
  • Supports: Canvey Island
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football
Batch & Britnell anyone?

offline thomarocky

thomarocky
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
The guy is passionate about his football and would do a job for us, we all know that talk is cheap and im sure he meant no harm, we need to get the right man in to motivate the team and he is a motivator, proven

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
True. You can't argue he hasn't done a good job at Chelmsford and he done superbly at Redbridge (Ford United). His teams don't play pretty football mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus