Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Canvey Future manager

Grays

Quote:
Matt CIFC said:
Batch & Britnell anyone?

agree and if we can keep the young lads from the current reserves plus bring in 2 or 3 more "mature" players canvey will do well.
although i hope that jeff doesnt cherry pick some of the batch babes,and try to take some of them with him!

Quote:
Gully said:
i hope that jeff doesnt cherry pick some of the batch babes,and try to take some of them with him!

I would hope that those in the Reserves reeling at the chance of First XI football would know they were better off remaining at CIFC where they would more than likely get their chance of a big break.

Quote:
Matt CIFC said:
Quote:
Gully said:
i hope that jeff doesnt cherry pick some of the batch babes,and try to take some of them with him!

I would hope that those in the Reserves reeling at the chance of First XI football would know they were better off remaining at CIFC where they would more than likely get their chance of a big break.

actually, i think they would like to stay with us.
hopefully we can keep them.they are very keen,have great potential.i think they can do a good job for us.

• 2 weeks later...

From other posts it looks as though John Batch will be given the 1st team managers job - although nothing official yet.

However, there is one manager who I have always rated in non league and thats Colin McBride and it seems he is no longer at Thurrock - not bad keeping them at a good level for 9 years on very small crowds and I presume small budgets.

Colin McBride

There was also a rumour that he is going to Hornchurch - not a bad move for Hornchurch if the rumour is correct..........

<a href="hhttp://www.nonleague.co.uk/forum/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/849229/an/0/page/0/gonew/1#UNREAD" target="_blank">Hornchurch Lose Manager</a>

I have no problem with the appointment of John Batch - when confirmed officially.

I was just pointing out Colin McBrides departure from Thurrock and the Horchurch manager resigning. If we do end up in the same league as Hx next season it may be quite interesting.........

Nothing against JB

John Batch as earned a shot at the job because of his great work with the reserves but he is also the ideal man for the job because "John is Canvey through and through, and will be undertaking this role without demanding a fee or wage." This will free up vital money for players.