Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

meeting 4/5/06

Why dont we just go to Concord and ask to rent with them for a few years to help us out. Then whats he gonna do with that ground without us, eh?

Can we just do we can to get rid of Jeff now please coz he is ripping this club apart and it hurts at the moment. It really does.

Quote:
chalky boy said:
It is all about greed and he is doing this and is gonna use our ground as ransom so we dance to his tune.

Jeff knows that should we wish to break away and form a Trust we would have to find a new ground. Short term, that would most likely see us ground-sharing with Concord Rangers. Now Jeff knows that moving in at Concord Rangers would put us straight into the ESL with no chance of escape on Health & Safety grounds.

A slim chance, he could be using us a bait to get a new ground built though, although that does seem extremely unlikely and against the trend now.

Quote:
Yellow Bungle said:
Limited company being set up to run for us, with Glenn etc as directors.

That sounds positive, but I'm afraid it sounds like it's going to be overshadowed by the ground issue.

Quote:
chalky boy said:
Why dont we just go to Concord and ask to rent with them for a few years to help us out. Then whats he gonna do with that ground without us, eh?

Can we just do we can to get rid of Jeff now please coz he is ripping this club apart and it hurts at the moment. It really does.

Absolutely right there Chalky Boy. If he can't use it to build on and Canvey are not playing there what use is it to anybody at all?

What are the facilities like at Concorde? Probably more than good enough for wherever we are shortly to find ourselves I suppose.

"Hurts at the moment" does not even begin to cover the pain I feel tonight. Frankly, I am sick to my stomach and feel like bursting into tears and that is not an exaggeration, believe me.

Quote:
Paula said:
Grow up - we dont get the fans on the Island - we wont get them there!!

So how many fans do you think will be watching the club in Essex Senior football next year then Paula because at the moment it looks like we will be struggling to even fund that level of football?

Grow up? What is your problem? This ground is only a few miles from Canvey and all true hardcore fans would travel there and you might get a few come down from the Basildon area if the club is promoted properly.

With your attitude, you stupid woman, we might just as well disband the club now.

If Jeff really loved this club and was any sort of a man he wouldve shown up there tonight, my views have changed on him tonight, it seems he has let us all down now, after all them years of glory he could have walked away with his head held high with all our respect but not after tonights crap !

Go suck eggs!!!

See you live in Benfleet too. How many others do you know who come from our neck of the woods and beyond - not many 50 at the most (thats probably being a bit generous. The majority come form the Island and always will regardless of the league we are in. Cant see the same amount travelling off the Island! Only the most loyal would continue to follow them.

Of the 50 or so who come from elsewhere then only the true fan will continue to come next season (I will be one of them)

Quote:
Paula said:
Wouldn't be suprised if Jeff owns the lease on Concordes ground - it is next to Thorney Bay Caravan Park and he owns that.

Gutted absolutely gutted.

I was talking to an ex semi-pro player a few weeks back who played in the Ryman Premiership and he was talking about Concorde. He said, and I don't know if it's true, that Jeff knew a few councillors and they turned Concordes requests down three times for differing reasons - the terminal being the last one.

At the time Canvey were still working their way through the Rymans and Jeff didn't want Concorde being a success and only a division or so below Canvey so he got their requests turned down.

at the end of the day jeff still pulls the strings of the club, telling as what we can and cant do....it will all ways be the same..what has happened is that king no longer puts money in to the club he his just taking money out of it via the rent....as long as canvey football club stays at park lane he will have the say in the club, a perfect investment!!!!....the club will never be able to find £800 - £1000 a week anyway for the rent.....I fear the club is doomed.............

Quote:
MOB said:
Leo

Do not dissrespect Paula!!!

I will say nothing else on the matter

Paula not big enough to fight her own battles then MOB? Fancy her or something and sticking up for your woman here? Since when did you appoint yourself the voice of the moral majority?

Paula tells me to grow up and I say something back. That's the way it is "mate" - like it or lump it.

how do you know the cost will be between £800 to £1000 for rent i never heard any numbers given at the meeting