Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

meeting 4/5/06

Ok so what I have learnt from this thread:

1. Jeff King could be screwing us over (oh what a surprise he has been doing that for the last few years)

2. We might have to pay Jeff money or move to another ground (screw Jeff the sooner he is gone the better)

3. Paula is a bit handy and not one to be messed with (I never suspected anything else)

4. Leo is going to get his árse kicked big time (well if we don’t have football to watch next season that could be entertaining)

5. Never play word games with MOB he knows his English (I apologise for the standard of mine)

I couldn’t make the meeting last night as I was stuck partying with the stars at the BAFTA warm up do (I had to mention that) and it seems as if I haven’t missed much. Can someone tell me what was said about the following issues?

a. is Jeff going to Chelmsford and if he is what players and staff is he taking (I know he is going but wanted to know if anything official was said)

b. are any players willing to stay at the club and if so what level are they willing to drop to

c. what is the funding needed to stay in each league and has any decision been talked about where we were going to drop to

d. what efforts are being done to secure a new sponsor, who has been contacted and what kind of offer is on the table

e. when the Kings companies agreed to sponsor the club was any contracts signed and what where they liable to, i.e. was the changing to thorny bay sponsor a multi year deal or can we find a new one

f. the money that has been raised already, where is it going and what can the fans do to make sure we have football at the highest possible level next season.

it seems as if there are a lot of people trying their hardest to make sure Canvey stays on its feet and these people should be applauded (I only wish I had the time to put in as much effort as I would like) but there also seems to be people trying to keep it all as a little boys club and keep everything amongst themselves. we need to know what is going on, part of the problem at the club has been that people have never been able to speak their minds or know what is going on for fear of being banned or shunned, please lets not start this new earer in a similar fashion, we can be the open community club we want but we need to start now. if there are plans on the cards let us know, if there aren’t then please we need to know what is being done to make sure there is football on Canvey next season.

Jeff may have put allot of money into the club but he has gained a whole lot also, if what is said on this thread is true then his desertion to another club shows the true character of the man, if it isn’t true then he should step forward and let people know what is going on.

sorry this is a long thread, im a little worked up.

Chelmsford man here

Good luck with all your efforts I hope they are successful.

As for JK coming to us I think many of us have mixed feelings. From what I read he does seem to be a control freak who bares grudges.

However as for the statement that he is not putting any money in to Chelmsford I do not believe it!! and nor should you!

As a Manager or D of F working for free there would be little gain for us and we certaily could not afford your players.

Note he may be playing with words not putting any meoney in himself but leavong it to Limited companies he controls

Good luck to you all again

PS I would not like to cross Paula even if her Eng Grammer ( god my spelling!) is Cr-p

Quote:
david baker said:
is the big plan to merge chelmsford and canvey as one, i know this was poo pooed but time will tell

I don't think that us or Jeff would ever want that to happen.

Jeff only wants to make money and if he had any say and would make money out of it we would be chelmsford island fc quicker than you could drop a hat. he has sold the club out once and the sooner he goes the sooner he wont be able to do it again, and lets face it while he holds the lease we are all screwed

Quote:
ken said:
Jeff only wants to make money

Sorry Ken, can't agree with you there. Jeff, as a manager, I'm sure has aspirations to manage at Football League level. Chelmsford have a realistic chance of acheiving this in the next 5 years. There are 3 side of Jeff King that need to be consider when looking at any of his actions:

The Businessman
The Football Manager
The Canvey Island Supporter

Say what you will but this is the case.

Or forget about him entirely for now.

Jeff King is our former owner, and former Manager. Some of our former players will follow him to Chelmsford, others won't.

What has happened over the last 14 seasons will leave some very pleasant memories and go into the history books as some of Canvey's finest moments. HOWEVER, there is no point dwelling in the past as it'll get us nowhere.

Now we need to look to next season and how we as fans can do our bit to keep the Club running. We have a new Management team and a new squad of players to support. The future is going to be an exciting rollercoaster ride for everyone!

JOHN BATCH'S YELLOW ARMY!!!!