Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 24-September 17 )

• Photo
    Charles Windsor

• Photo
    fred_the_red

• Photo
    Thefan

• Photo
    LadyDi

• Photo
    FarleighArmy

Enfield v Borehamwood

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
1 reply to this topic

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
For anyone who didn't see the Sunday papers the result was 2-1 to 'wood.

I've got to say it 'cos I was going mad at the end of the game. But that was the worst performance I've seen in the league from our first team this year. It's poor teams like borehamwood that we have to beat if we intend to avoid the drop and against teams like that you have to play with a bit of heart, something everyone lacked yesterday.

And why or why did we think that if we sent long balls down the middle - more often than not towards Paul Armstrong - they would beat the three 6ft 2'' centre backs borehamwood had. Paul is not a big fella and we won next to nothing in the air. But still, throughout the game, rather than trying to play it through them we thought we could loft it over their heads?

And - worryingly - we looked lame upfront. Paul has played really well over the last few weeks, but yesterday he looked tired and short of ideas and unfortunately we didn't have anyone else to look for. Maybe Demba should have gone upfront. He scored, was the tallest player we had in an upfront position and in the second half when he was moved over to the right-wing did nothing. Certainly the two second half subsitutes were appaulling, actually they were worse than appaulling, they weren't good enough to play for my sunday league team, let alone EFC. If I'm right, which I may not be, I think the first sub I'm talking about is Stanley Mark-Dennis. He looked totally lost, I think you can count the amount of times he touched the ball on one hand and he certainly didn't do anything with it. He must be young because against those centre-backs there was no way he was gonna do anything. They snuffed him out easy. The second sub was, and again I might not get this totally correct because there's certainly no penpix about him yet, but I think it was Chris Beard (the new fella upfront). Apparantly someone told me he was ex-Luton, but I find it hard to believe he's played at any level higher than the Ryman. Not very strong on the ball, not particularly tall, not particularly skillful, infact it's hard to see what he can do that'll make him stand out upfront. In Paul Armstrong we've got a strong, quick(ish) forward who has an eye for goal. Maybe what we need if a 7ft giant to head the ball off, be their for the set-pieces and be someone to take the pressure off of Paul. What we've got in Stanley and Chris are poor copies of Paul, they're all around the same height and do the same sort of thing's. It's just that Paul does them better than anyone else. So as I said, maybe we should try Demba upfront at least we know he has the ability to unlock defences.

One final thing and this is aimed at Chris Beard(?). When you're three places off of relegation, into the last 5 minutes of a game and 2-1 down to a team actually BELOW you and the ball is kicked off by the opposition because of an injury (that was most likely cramp apart from anything else - it's what half of 'wood went down with) rather than throwing the ball back to their keeper who will pick it up and boot it as far down the pitch as possible (and who actually found one of his players with virtually every kick - even though he was a tit) rather than doing this, why not think about it. Throw the ball to one of their defenders, who then has to play it out of trouble. It might not be very sportsman-like, but I really don't give a f*ck. I paid £7 to watch this and I want to see my team wanting to win any which way they can, we're nearly at the bottom of the table - THAT MEANS WE HAVE TO WIN AT ALL COSTS, IF WE DON'T THEN THAT'S IT, WE'RE RELEGATED AND IF YOU THOUGHT THE STANDS COULDN'T GET ANY LIGHTER THEN YOU'LL BE SORELY SURPRISED. Don't just throw the ball back without putting any sort of pressure on them, especially when we were playing as badly as yesterday. I think it just showed a distinct lack of fight, as if it didn't matter that we were about to lose - unfortuantely that saying 'it's not about the winning, it's about the taking part' is b*llsh*t. It is about winning and if seeming like a nice bloke and giving the ball back in such a resigned fashion is how anyone wants to play, then they shouldn't be playing for EFC. We want to watch winners, not nice guys.

Finally I think this whole rant was born out of immerse frustration. Over the past few weeks we have looked better than our league position. But yesterday - and for the first time - we looked like a team who are gonna find it hard to survive. We need to get better...quickly.

offline Robert G

Robert G
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
I agree with ya Robsy, we were utter crap!!! If we play like that for the rest of the season we wont win or draw another game at all this season.
We were piss poor saturday wood thought they were great! they were better than us but not by much at all!!!! Come on Terry I think it's time to put Armstrong on the wing and put Demba up front, we were winning game's and nicking draw's when we played that way. Come on lad's we need some point's again lad's!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus