Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

john kennedy

John Kennedy leaves the Island - 11th May

Steve Fallon tonight landed the first of his three targeted players when the club completed the Signing of John Kennedy from Canvey Island. The Burwell based player finally agreed to join the Stutes after meetings with the club and the manager on Monday Night and penned a two year deal this evening at 8.00pm. Kennedy has been at Canvey Island for over five seasons and established himself as a quality Conference National Player. The player who has the ability to play right back, wide right or even centrally in midfield looks certain to be a key part of Fallons plans for the new season.

Steve Fallon commented “ I tried to sign John two years ago but understandably he did not want to drop down to the Southern League from the conference, we spoke again last summer and we wanted to do another year at Canvey, but with the upheaval at Canvey I moved quickly to establish our interest and I am truly delighted that John has decided to join us and very much look forward to working with him as we look to build a team capable of competing in the top end of the Nationwide South.

Chairman Gareth Baldwin commented “ My concern is always what the players expectations are financially, especially when they have been at Canvey Island, however I have found John to be very realistic about our financial ability and am confident that John is joining us because he wants to help Histon progress. I know a number of clubs would be looking at him once word got out he was available so I am very pleased to have secured his services and appreciate very much the substantial drop in wages he has agreed to which for more just endorses the fact he is here for the right reasons.

John Kennedy's Bio - 11th May

Having been with Ipswich Town from the age of 14, Kennedy was able to make 10 appearances for the Division 1 side, from there Kennedy joined Canvey Island, having spent a total of 6 years with the Essex side, making over 300 appearances, with the highlights being two wins in the F.A Trophy final, also a member of the England Non League side, being named as Player of the Year.

Histons web site

I saw Histon on Sunday in the play off final and they were rather poor. Should improve the team.

Best of luck John.