Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ryman North it is!!!

eggy

We might as well be in the ESL and be done with it. I didn't think the RPL was a bad result, but now we've voluntarily left that before we've even kicked a ball it's just unnerving.

I don't understand why we've done it either. As a couple of others have said, there can't be any financial benefits to being in the RL1 over the RPL. Our games are spread out over virtually the same area, so other than taking less money, what differences are there?

I'd have rather seen us relegated than to go down this route. None of us know what our reserves can do yet - they might have won us the RPL for all we know, or they might have got us relegated. We could have coped with any costs in that league and shouldn't have taken it upon ourselves to decide that it was too difficult for our club to compete in.

Nothing would surprise me. For instance, I wouldn't be surprised if he were smirking at us, knowing he's ruining our club. Maybe he just doesn't want to see Canvey exist without him there.

I'd like to find out what's going on at the meeting on Thursday, but I'll be working, unfortunately.

I find it disappointing to read that Jeff is still involved with the Club and hasn't finalised the sale of it, but I would hardly think he had anything to do with our decision to appeal.

If anything he might've encouraged us not to, you never know he might've brought 1000 fans to Park Lane next season.

Quote:
Ribbit said: None of us know what our reserves can do yet - they might have won us the RPL for all we know, or they might have got us relegated. We could have coped with any costs in that league and shouldn't have taken it upon ourselves to decide that it was too difficult for our club to compete in.

I think that after managing the reserves for the last few seasons John Batch may have an idea of what the players we have are capable of!

I have no idea of how much a player in the Premier earns per week compared to a Ryman North player but if it`s £20 more that would add up to a fare amount over the course of a season.

Jeff would of hated us being in the Ryman Premier, could you imagine if we had beaten them!!

Maybe he said that i we didn't ask to be moved out of the Premier then he wouldn't hand the club over to us..

Its very possible in my view

Quote:
eggy said:
Jeff would of hated us being in the Ryman Premier, could you imagine if we had beaten them!!

Maybe he said that i we didn't ask to be moved out of the Premier then he wouldn't hand the club over to us..

Its very possible in my view

Maybe he did and maybe he didn`t (i very much doubt he did), ask the question at the meeting and get an answer. We can speculate all day but i don`t think it`s very helpful to the club.

I think Jeff would have bigger things to worry about, than the possibility of us beating him next season.

Without the 6 ex-Gulls, Jeff only has one player for Chelmsford - He has more important issues.

If anyone really does feel hard doneby, they should make a point of directing the question to the Board on Thursday. Hear it from the horses mouth as it were.

Quote:
ronin said:I have no idea of how much a player in the Premier earns per week compared to a Ryman North player but if it`s £20 more that would add up to a fare amount over the course of a season.

why would the wages change, im pretty sure every singe one of those player would rather play at a higher level for the same money infron of more fans. plus the extra gate recepts (an average of a couple of hundred a game) would have paid for it

Quote:
ken said:
Quote:
ronin said:I have no idea of how much a player in the Premier earns per week compared to a Ryman North player but if it`s £20 more that would add up to a fare amount over the course of a season.

why would the wages change, im pretty sure every singe one of those player would rather play at a higher level for the same money infron of more fans. plus the extra gate recepts (an average of a couple of hundred a game) would have paid for it

Not sure about you Ken but most people i know work best when they are being paid the correct wage for the job, if we expect these players to represent us i think they should be paid the going rate for the job.

I think your right that the attendances would be higher in the Premier but would they stay that way if we were being beaten every week?

This club has almost folded once this year i don`t want anyone to risk that again. What we do now has to be for the long term future of this club not just a quick fix.

It was always going to be 3 tiers. The Margate situation is totally different in that their facilities were not brought up to sufficient standard in specified time period. We are basically unable to support ourselves as a club at national level.

Stop looking for conspiracy theories and lets get on with it. If we are good enough for the Isthmian Prem, then we will get promoted. If we don't then we are probably in the right tier anyway.