Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Classic Gold Breeze

Those of you that were at tonights meeting will have heard comments Keith made regarding David Baker and comments on this site.

Following Davids post last night I responded and today recieved an email from him, below is that un edited email and my response. My post was not rude or insulting and I stand by it and these are my views.

DAVID BAKER SAID

"i gave endless hours of free time to CIFC and this is the respect i get...your comments are a disgrace and very hurtful....i did my best you know and tried to build awareness.....i am just mystified as to your outburst...."

MY RESPONSE WAS

"I am sorry you feel that way David but I cannot understand how you see my comments as hurtful, in your post you said that you made the decision to move, not your board or anyone else, but you!!

I agree you supported Canvey and while doing so where very positive etc, etc, you like Jeff have moved on, that is fine!!

I am a football supporter and I am desperately passionate about my club, I cannot accept that a true supporter of my team can move on to another team.

If as has been indicated tonight the decision was not yours but your boards, that is not what you said, if it is the case I apologise to you for my comments personally, however my comments to Classic Gold Breeze remain the same, you supported us when things where going well but decided not to support us when we needed support, for commercial reasons.

This is Canvey Island FC, this is my life, this is my passion, this is not just a marketing opportunity for Classic Gold Breeze.

If your post said:

I am a Canvey Fan and will always support Canvey, but my company has decided to move on for commercial reasons, I am gutted but understand their reasons, however I will continue to support the club as a fan. My comments would have been very different to you personally, but still negative to your company.

That is not what happened you said you could not justify an ongoing relationship for business reasons, I am sorry but we are not a marketing opportunity, we are real people desperately worried about the future of our club.

Try to compare what would happen if a major sponsor of Tottenham said "Spurs never managed to finish fourth let’s sponsor Arsenal instead". They would be roasted and sorry mate you made the further mistake of making that announcement on a public forum where people are encouraged to view their opinions, you said that you decided your company should move to one of our major rivals.

You got both barrels of my opinion!!

What did you expect to get!

I wish your company and Billericay well in your commercial venture and on a personal level I wish you well also."

The fact is that Billericay are only a division above us and the only reason they are going to ricay is because they have a bit of money and an opportunity to progress.

The fact is... so do Canvey. The only difference is that we are in a so-called unattractive league. So, if he was a Canvey fan and made this decision then it was the wrong one and MOB is right.

MOB, both you & I have been regular posters on here for quite while, some things you say I agree with, others I don't. The debate is always good, and your arguments usually well considered.

Whilst I appreciate your passion and commitment to the club, I cannot condone (not that your asking me to of course)your stance on this thread.

I say this for two reasons.

Firstly, as I understand it, the decision has been made out of commercial necessity. To verbally assault David over this is no different than attacking JK for going to Histon, or Dom going to Lewes, rather than stay and play for nothing.

Secondly, I assume that the e-mail personal, otherwise David would have posted a response here, and as such should have remained private.

Can't we just put this in the past and concentrate our energies on the future, and proceed without the need for recriminations?

C'mon you two, kiss and make up!

Yellow Bungle

I will put this in the past as you suggest and this will be my final post on the matter, I wish David the best of luck.

I feel I must however put the record straight and make the following points.

1. David set up the thread and made the initial post in which he said it was "his decision".

2. JK and Dom did not come on here trying to promote themselves or their company, David did.

3. I did not "verbally assault" David, I responded to his thread, in fact if it had not been wiped readers would see that in comparison to some stuff posted here it was quite mild.

4. I am not in the habit of sharing emails I posted this email because, first the thread was wiped and secondly I was beratted publicly for voicing my opinion and not given any opportunity to reply.

5. What did David really expect, he said on our forum words to the effect of when you were flying I wanted to be your friend, now you are in trouble I am off. I have recieved a number of PM's supporting my view asking me to take a stance on this and stand up and be counted, you would be surprised who some of them are from.

In conclusion David made a decision to promote himself and his company, when things changed and he felt that he could do better elsewhere, he left, that is absolutly fine with me and I wish him well.

Do not ask me to like it and certainly do not put it on here, then tell me I cannot respond, or what is the point of putting it up here.

The Great British Public see sponsors especially very public sponsors moving to Billericay, sponsors with access to a powerful advertising medium. Advertisers link to sport because they are trying to get a message across "saying this is good so we are good".

To me that message says I am abondoning Canvey, you are my listeners come and join me. What did he want people to say thanks David tell everyone we are in trouble and the football is better in ricay.

Yeah right I will stand back and smile, I do not think so!!

Anyway that is my view and I wish him well, but I hope we get promoted and ricay get relegated. Ha Ha

I think the thread was wiped because someone who had just registered and never posted on here before made a comment towards Cameraman that could've escalated matters.

You think that response was long wait until I get started about Basildon Council and its corrupt politicians (do not worry I wont go there) Ha Ha!!

Linney you must be Phsycic Hic!

Jnrs out with his mates, she has gone to Bingo, I am on me Jack, so I have just this second cracked open a 1/4.

At quarter past seven.