Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Gaaaaaaaaah!

Over the last few days, an awful feeling has started to creep up on me. Nobody in this whole sorry mess knows what to do. Not Lee Harding, not the supporters' club and certainly not me. Let me get straight the events of the last few days regarding a friendly this weekend. By all means, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. <p>Boreham Wood went completely out of their way in order to arrange a friendly, and the offer was turned down. Three days before the match was due. They offered a team for a fund-raising friendly, and somebody at City decided that we couldn't be bothered. Grays Athletic went out of their way to arrange a friendly on Saturday, and this isn't happening, because somebody let an FA Trophy match between Hendon & Cambridge City take place there instead. <p>Who, exactly, decided this? It can't have been the Ryman League, as has been claimed. They have nothing to do with the Trophy whatsoever. Was it the FA? Can they go marching into any ground they like and insist that a match goes ahead there? If they can, I'll be lobbying them for all of next season's EFM matches to be held at Villa Park because the pitch is better than the pitch at Cottonmill. The only other possibility beyond these two is this: somebody at St Albans City FC was approached by the FA regarding possibly playing the Hendon-Cambridge City match there on Saturday. They agreed to this. This means that either whoever is in charge of arranging these things is so breathtakingly incompetent that he didn't know that we'd arranged a friendly there for Saturday (surely the FA wouldn't object to a polite declining of the request) or somebody at Clarence Park thinks that Hendon-Cambridge City is more important than our friendly. Our last chance to raise any money whatsoever. Like I say, I give up.<p>You've got pitches being double booked. You've got a chairman denying that bids for the club have been made when the league and the FA have said that the bid is acceptable. You've got a supporters club that has done nothing towards fundraising for the last three months, and doesn't seem interested in doing anything beyond criticising Lee Harding (there's plenty to criticise, but could they not have offered us something more constructive? The clubhouse has sat unused since... well... you tell me).<p>I'm sick of it. Sick of it all. I'll go to the meeting on Thursday and I want answers to these questions. I've sat on my backside waiting to be told what I can do for the last three months, andI've heard diddly-squat. I'm not waiting any longer for other people to do something. <p>If someone wants to prove me wrong, feel free to do so. Please tell me that somebody actively involved in the club is doing something constructive to save it or that they're getting a contingency plan together for complete financial meltdown. If they're not, I'll throw my hat into the ring. I'' do something. It may end up with me making a fool of myself, it may end up going wrong. But it'll be something. And something is usually better than nothing. <p>Like I say, if I'm wrong, let me know. Otherwise, let's get something moving, even if the best we can offer is London Colney at home on Boxing Day.

This thread will have to do to make a couple of responses. Trev. I've had enough too.<p>FACT [1].

Last Friday, Woood offered Gary a frindly at their place this Saturday. We would receive tha gate money, they would receive bar takings. Terrific offer. On Monday, Woood's League game was re-arranged by the League to take place on Saturday. They offered Gary a friendly against their Reserves and Youth on Friday night and Gary is quoted in the Observer as politely declining. Gary will be there next Thursday. Ask him. <p>

FACT [2].

A meeting took place on Tuesday evening. Those present were The President, Bill Nic., Gary and Steve, Ian Rogers, Barry Hilliard, Mark White [all 'officials' of the Club] and, by invitation, Peter Lewis. A number of matters were discussed including arrangements for next Thursday.

In particular, reference was made to the possibility of a friendly being played on Saturday. After some discussion, entirely amicably and unanimously, it was agreed that there was insufficient time available to properly organise a game for this Saturday and several ideas were discussed for games on the next 2 Saturdays.

At 11.40 pm. om Tuesday, as far as those 8 people were concerned, there would be no friendly played this Saturday.

The following day, on Wednesday afternoon, The Observer telephoned Ian Rogers and Peter Lewis to obtain comments concerning the friendly against Grays. Both Ian and Peter declined to comment until they had clarified the situation with Gary and Steve. They couldn't be contacted.

Later on Wednesday afternoon, Webbo, was contacted by Hendon who confirmed that the cup match was to be played on Saturday.<p>So. Who arranged the Grays game and why? Who arranged the Hendon game? Who called off the Grays game? None of that is anything to do with the Supporters Club. With the exception of Harding and Eames, I presume, the people involved will be present next Thursday. Ask them.<p>Fact [3].

For the Christmas programmme, there was no beer in the clubhouse. The Supporters Club and a couple of concerned fans got together and suppllied beer to the club for those games, having agreed with The Majority Shareholder that they would be repaid from bar takings. One fan is still owed £200.

At the Bedford game on December 29th, The Suporters Club raised £490 which was donated to Bill Nic to go towards paying the players.<p>

FACT [4].

Fund raising. A significant four figure sum was donated to go towards paying the players 10 days ago. The players were paid a modest amount each last Saturday. Every cheque was returned to the players marked "Cannot pay: Insolvency Act". The amount remains in the company's bank account and will be distributed to the creditors in due course at 0.0000001p in the pound or something.

Under Company Law, the company cannot trade whilst insolvent, something that it has been doing for 2 years or so, it would appear.

Now to Fund raising. What would you do with the money raised, Trev?

Do you think that it would be a good idea for this matter to be discussed in an open meeting? I'll try to get that Chairman of The Supporters Club to arrange one. How about the Council Chamber at the Council Offices next Thursday at 8.00. Would that suit you?<p>FACT [5]

And now to the Firm.

The second CVA. By letter dated September 6th, 2001, all creditors of the company were invited to a meeting on October 9th to vote upon a proposed {2nd] CVA. The Meeting took place and by a formal Letter to Creditors dated OCtober 16th, details of the agreement reached were confirmed.

£45,000 was to be paid to settle the debts.

Clause 14 of the Agreement reads as follows:

"The third party funds of £45,000 shall be paid to the Supervisor [of the CVA] by cleared funds (eg cash or bankers draft0 within 7 days of the Creditors Meeting which approves the proposal. Should the full amountof cleared funds not be received on this day, this will constitute a default of the arrangement incapable of being remedied."

So when The Majority Shareholder says that he had agreement to pay the amount in 4 months or 6 months, he has an understandable lapse of memory.<p>Now to the Supporters Club and their 'support' which he claims was withheld.<p>A meeting of ALL supporters was called for October 23rd, at which the Majority Shareholders proposals were aired and support invited. I know that some of the Firm were asked to attend but, if I remember rightly, at least one of you had a prior engagement as Barnet were at home that evening. none of you were there as I recall.

Minor point. The meeting took place on October 23rd, 7 days AFTER the majority shareholder's agreement had defaulted "incapable of being remedied".<p>FACT [6].

I sent an E-mail to cityfanday on Tuesday evening with my home, office and mobile telephone numbers. I'm still waiting for a call. Perhaps he doesn't like me which is up to him, of course.<p>Cross? Yes i am a little cross. Not with you guys, but with the person who has single-handedly brought Our Club to the brink of extinction. Those who are trying to save the situation would appreciate a little assistance rather than criticism, particularly when that criticism is based on an assumption that anything that the Majority shareholder says can be relied on. These are facts. I will happily show you the correspondence. <p>Yes. I've had enough.

Linear as ever (it's a sign of a highly organised mind, you know), here are my proposals: <p>1. I am neither a member of St Albans City FC or its supporters club. Any money that I raised through fundraising would go anywhere near either organisation. If the Inland Revenue came after me - it's money put aside in preparation for the forming of a new club.<p>2. I now think that the winding up order in 3 weeks is inevitable. I don't want some bloke from Berkhamsted and his mates taking over Clarence Park. If we're going into the SML, I want to do it myself, or have people I know and trust doing it.<p>3. We need a united voice on this matter - a firm policy on behalf of the supporters of this fine old football club regarding the future, whatever happens. There will be a St Albans City FC next season - it's just a matter of which one we get that is vexing.<p>4. I was never invited to any meetings. Never have been. Promise.<p>5. As soon as I have clarified what we need to do, I'll ride into Clarence Park on a chariot with a flaming torch and do whatever I can, or whatever I'm asked to do.<p>6. I don't think we're fighting. At least there's now some form of rational debate going on currently.<p>7. Someone should contact the council regarding what they'd do with the lease on Clarence Park being hypothetically returned to them. The only condition that I have on City returning in some other form is that it has to be at Clarence Park. <p>8. If nobody wants me and any cohorts that are happy to join me to have a go, then I'll support whoever does have a go.<p>9. None of us can do a great until we're out of our current state of limbo. <p>Any thoughts, suggestions or ideas would be most gratefully received. Email during the day is iking10@ford.com, ijk1972@lycos.co.uk in the evenings. I look forward to hearing from all of you. It's going to be a long and difficult journey.

Hiya AFF<p>Just to let you know that cityfanday does like you and him and the rest of the firm have a lot of time for you.

We are all meeting on Saturday to see what (if anything) we can do.

Don't worry cityfanday got a invatitaion to call Lee Harding as well, quite simply we don't have a plan of action yet until after Saturday if we manage one we'll be in touch with yourself and/or Lee.<p>Just a quick point I wasn't aware of a general meeting either regards joining the board and I'd never watch Barnet as I'm City till I die but some of the youngersters are more fickle and like to experement (We all used to love Take That now it's Westside)<p>Lets have no petty arguments on Thursday and lets hope we can all pull together!!<p>See you soon Peter you big cuddley fellow, have a hononary membership of the firm!

A few quick points - <p>Colin, I think that AFF was probably referring to everybody's favourite stag-night victim. He went to a couple of Barnet games as part of his lunatic "Going To 100 Games This Season" bet (now happily forgotten since he climbed aboard the lurve train). It strikes me that he would probably have been invited to such a meeting.<p>I had a very instructive email this afternoon from Peter Lewis - to which I responded (eventually). Where's this meeting? I'l be there. I might even bring the bird if I can drag her away from the shops (a female presence might be calming).<p>BTW - I saw Tom Fenton last night, and apparently he had a phone call from Ian Rogers in the week... you'll have to ask him for the details, because I was drunk when he told me.

Couldn't be arsed - I've got some chocolate, a bit of vodka and the playstation. Might not manage all day drinking tomorrow, but I'm almost half tempted by Hendon-Cambridge... alcohol fuelled pee-taking? We could show them the true meaning of the phrase!

Hi Firm.<p>Many thanks for the Honarary Membership. It will have pride of place in the trophy room beside the 2000/01 Prediction League Championship Cup.<p>The meeting in the clubhouse on October 23rd was arranged at very short notice and details were circulated by word of mouth at the away game at Heybridge on the Saturday. 38 fans attended. You're right about the closet Barnet fan, Trev.<p>I'm delighted to hear rumours of 2 consortia, both apparently business folk, for two reasons.

Firstly, one or both may have a solution which they will, no doubt, bring to the supporters in due course.

Secondly, they are likely to have obtained proper professional advice. I shall be interested to hear how they will acquire a private limited company where the summ total of its financial records is the abbreviated accounts for the 12 month period to May, 1999 submitted to Companies House, and the Statement of Affairs, dated August 7th 2001, signed as a true statement by the 3 directors, Lee Harding, Paul Farmer and Steve Eames. That makes interesting reading in itself.<p>Its great to hear of these new people who want to help. If an alternative solution is found, I'm sure those people will be keen to demonstrate their support for the Club. We will need all the help that we can get.

talking of which (I was thinking of those two on the train home from work this morning - not pleasant..) what are Eames and Farmer doing to save the Club?? (probably not alot) Are they in deep negotiations to sell their shares? If Harding's shares are going for a pound you can snap 20% up for.....err...where's my calculator.... mad.gif" border="0

Unless there have been any changes over the past couple of weeks, the shareholders of St Albans Football and Athletics Club Ltd are held as follows:

Lee Harding: 80

Paul Hawkins: 10

Paul Farmer: 5

Leigh Page: 5<p>The Directors of the company are Lee Harding, Paul Farmer and Steve Eames.<p>Doooo try to keep up, Webbo.<p>[Yes, I know it's early. I'm just in from The Ministry of Sound.]

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>I shall be interested to hear how they will acquire a private

limited company where the summ total of its financial records is the

abbreviated accounts for the 12 month period to May, 1999

submitted to Companies House, and the Statement of Affairs, dated

August 7th 2001, signed as a true statement by the 3 directors, Lee

Harding, Paul Farmer and Steve Eames. <hr></blockquote><p>August 7th is my Birthday!

Wheres my cake!!!!

AFF,<p>Presumably this "closet Barnet fan" you are referring to is the same person who at 48 hours notice managed to arrange EFM's match sponsorship for the home Heybridge game last season, providing some much needed revenue for the club?<p>The same "closet Barnet fan" who also, at Peter Lewis' request, arranged for several members of EFM to sponsor the Hendon game on Boxing Day, despite the fact he was unable to attend the game himself.<p>Or the same "closet Barnet fan" who has twice talked his place of work into sponsoring matches in the past 15 months, in addition to persuading them to enter the shirt-sponsorship draw?<p>Possibly the same "closet Barnet fan" who has missed just one home game in all competitions over the last five seasons, and has frequented the club bar after the majority of those games, putting a fair amount of money behind the bar?<p>I went to the Supporter's meeting back in the Summer in the Firkin, and quite frankly, the whole evening appeared to be merely an outlet for bitching and sniping - I do not recall a single positive thing to emerge from the meeting.<p>The Barnet match in question by the way, was won 3-2 by Yeovil, and after the game, Harry Hornet took myself and Mark White on a very enjoyable tour of the Hilltop Estate.<p>Not sure why everyone's intent on picking fights with one another to be honest.

Continuing from where PDJ left off.

I’ve kept quiet for a while and have just been watching what has been going on in the world of St. Albans City and am pretty much disgusted (and angry) with what I have seen. No I am not talking about the state of the club and what our friend Mr Harding has or hasn’t done over the last few years and who we own money too (although that does make me want to scream). Nor am I angry about our captain upping sticks and heading up north to Bedford, can any one really blame him. The thing that has really made me feel sick is the way that when we really need to stick together, when it is most vital all the supporters stay together as one, we have decided to argue between ourselves and basically, make a bad situation worse. What would please our Majority Shareholder more than to see us constantly bicker and spend time telling fans of other clubs where to get off. I’m not saying that we could spend this time rushing around with buckets to get a grand total of fifty quid, that won’t solve anything, but we can not expect to gain anything, no matter how big or small, if we continue like this. A little lighthearted debate is good but constantly quarrelling won’t help anyone, not the fans and not the club, so let’s all just try and get along. smile.gif" border="0 <p>I think this is the most I’ve ever written at once on this board.

Good evening, comrades. I've had quite a productive day, quite asides from actually doing any work. I managed to drag our liquidation and insolvency to one side for half an hour to briefly explain (in words of one syllable) what our legal situation is (not good is the short answer) and what we have to do in order to prevent Harding getting his grubby mitts on any cash that we raise. <p>Any more specific questions, email them to me and I'll see what I can find out. Our legal people aren't lawyers, but they're pretty genned up on finance law and insolvency law, so... any questions? It'll do me no harm to ask.<p>As for the Hairy Holy One... I would never, for one minute, doubt the commitment of a man who will happily wrap yellow and blackstriped electrical tape around his head for two matches in a row. Anybody who thinks we're bickering... we communicate like this all of the time. No doubt in my mind that everybody currently posting in 100% dedicated to pulling together and holding a steady ship. <p>If there's anything anybody thinks that they can do now, or will be able to do in the future, my email address is elsewhere amongst these posts. The time to act will soon be upon us.

Roll on Thursday so that we can all find out exacly where we stand at present and discuss a way forward for the future.<p>I am not a member of the Supporters Club committee but I do know that they and other supporters have been working extremely hard for the best part of a year to try to get us out of this mess. I think that many supporters do not appreciate the work that has gone on 'behind the scenes'. <p>I know that in the meeting on 23rd October 2001, the supporters were fully explained of the club's situation and hopefully we will have some more information on Thursday.<p>I do not agree that the supporters meeting in the Firkin was ****** and non-productive. In the difficult circumstances I felt that it went OK.<p>I know that there has been a bit of flak on the message board recently but in the main this has been with Enfield/Enfield Town supporters who have come across as anywhere between being totally supportive to misinformed to really annoying.<p>Finally, please think carefully before you criticise the Supporters Club. I have no reason to defend them other than the fact that I know that they have been working really hard and they are probably feeling p****d off with some of the criticism that they have been receiving. They are in no way to blame for what has gone on and are (and have been) doing everything that they can to find a solution.