Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

ESC Entrance Fee

cangull

I have had a few cribs this season about certain players and team selection and am now at the point where my expectancy is ‘zilch’. When I entered the ground last night I chatted to Dave Doughty(former supporters club Chair) and I said to him ‘We are going to get hammered tonight’, I swear it, ask him. My statement was probably fuelled by the fact that it was not until I had negotiated the turnstile and then given my £1 change from a Tenner that I realized I had been mugged.

I am dumbfounded by this £9 entrance fee, early round Essex Senior Cup! Am sure that last years ‘final’ was only around the £6 mark. I am dumbfounded because at a time when the club needs to attract more supporters they come up (once again) with another insult aimed directly at the supporters pocket. I just wonder whether the persons responsible for this latest blunder will realise the potential damage they may well have caused the relationship between club and supporter and the likelihood of our support dwindling.

I was embarrassed to hear some Chelmsford supporters saying how they can now understand why Canvey FC have such a bad name for being greedy.

We know that Keith Johnson reads our website and am sure he also reads this Forum, so perhaps he may like to try and rebuild some bridges and explain to the supporters why we were charged the above stated entrance fee but I do fear that like all other things (supporter/club) we will be ignored.

I think Sue & Joan in the bar have proved the point that less can equal more. The £1.50 a pint prior to the 3pm Saturday kick off means that the bar is now jam packed between 2 - 3pm on match days. Fans come into the bar, rather than the local pub, for their pre-footy beer. OK the profit per pint may be down, but with the bar regularly running out of glasses it looks like the experiment is working and lots more beer gets drunk. End result, everybody is happy (and drunk).

I wonder if the same experiment would work at the turnstile. Seems to me ESC games would have been the right place to try.

• 2 weeks later...

I HATE TO SAY THIS VIC BUT I HAVE BEEN TELLING YOU THIS ALL ALONG!

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote vic:</font><hr />

I have had a few cribs this season about certain players and team selection and am now at the point where my expectancy is ‘zilch’. When I entered the ground last night I chatted to Dave Doughty(former supporters club Chair) and I said to him ‘We are going to get hammered tonight’, I swear it, ask him. My statement was probably fuelled by the fact that it was not until I had negotiated the turnstile and then given my £1 change from a Tenner that I realized I had been mugged.

I am dumbfounded by this £9 entrance fee, early round Essex Senior Cup! Am sure that last years ‘final’ was only around the £6 mark. I am dumbfounded because at a time when the club needs to attract more supporters they come up (once again) with another insult aimed directly at the supporters pocket. I just wonder whether the persons responsible for this latest blunder will realise the potential damage they may well have caused the relationship between club and supporter and the likelihood of our support dwindling.

I was embarrassed to hear some Chelmsford supporters saying how they can now understand why Canvey FC have such a bad name for being greedy.

We know that Keith Johnson reads our website and am sure he also reads this Forum, so perhaps he may like to try and rebuild some bridges and explain to the supporters why we were charged the above stated entrance fee but I do fear that like all other things (supporter/club) we will be ignored.

<hr></blockquote>