Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

City sign 4 Canvey players!!!!!

Oh well sod it all then. Chelmsford might as well re-name themselves Canvey Island AFC, or something equally ridiculous. Not that I resent the fans or the players, just big fat Jeff and his big fat bank balance. We sustained Conference football with those players and now Chelmsford are probably going to get a long way towards the Conference with those same players.

I'm not sure whether the other teams in the RPL will be able to stand up to them, but if not Chelmsford are just going to rip through the league, much like we did more or less every year we were in it.

With those players its hard not to see them win the RPL. I would have thought AFC WIlmbledon would be their most likely challengers. Not sure how many new players they have brought in though as even they don't have the money have Chelmsford suddenly have.

I read with interest the comments made on your message board. What you all fail to appreciate is that the board at CCFC consist of several gentlemen far wealthier than Jeff.The difference this season and I hope for fuure seasons is that now that CCFC have returned to Chelmsford they are all now willing to back the growth of the football club back to a level it use to regularly sustain. Jeff is obviously a very ambitious man who hasn't come to Chelmsford to mess around. He has been enticed by the lure of success on the field. There is no money to be made at CCFC. The supporters own the club and the council own the stadium. If Jeff and the board wish to achieve rapid success, this will cost them all money in purchasing players and fulfilling the planning permissions in place for a new stadium suitable for a higher level of football.

Rumour was that when the Chelmsford thing first started to happen that Jeff wanted to merge the 2 clubs together so that Chelmsford and Canvey as one would play in the conference.

Apparently Chelmsford felt they were not ready for such a big jump even though the conference had agreed it..

Apparently Chelmsford are breaking the bank to get Minton there, surly Jeff is putting money in somewhere, Minton was earning around £950 a week last season all year round.. How can Chelmo afford that??

Personally i think it will be a tough season for Chelmsford, just look at our cup exits to lower league teams last year, the players seem to struggle against the lower standard of football, pace & power!