Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Meeting This Thursday - 8th June 2006 - 7PM Onwards

There will be a series of meetings at Park Lane this Thursday where people who would like to help out with the running of Canvey Island Football Club can put themselves forward officially.

This is something that we have tried to arrange for a while, but due to other announcements needing to be made and other circumstances, it has not been possible until now.

As I have previously stated on this forum, the main areas that we will be looking to form action groups for are:

- Bar/Refreshments/Catering

- Ground Maintenance

- Stewarding/Health & Safety

- Sponsorship/Fund Raising

- Media/Community Relations

- Supporter Communication

- Financial

- Merchandising/Retail

- Functions/Events

There will be a representative of each group present at the meeting, so upon arrival please state which category you are interested in and you can be introduced to the relevant person.

The eventual idea will be that these groups will continue to meet in the future organised by themselves. The outcomes of these smaller meetings will then be communicated during Board Meetings. This will mean that everybody can have a direct influence on the way the club can be run.

I urge you to attend if you wish to help make this a success, with enough people behind the club who knows what we could achieve.

Cheers

Glen

Read in tonight's Echo it was a 7pm start. Doubt I'll be there till 7.30.

Be there about 7.30pm. Unlikely I can get there any earlier.

Quote:
The Great Eckscape said:

As I have previously stated on this forum, the main areas that we will be looking to form action groups for are:

- Bar/Refreshments/Catering
- Ground Maintenance
- Stewarding/Health & Safety
- Sponsorship/Fund Raising
- Media/Community Relations
- Supporter Communication
- Financial
- Merchandising/Retail
- Functions/Events

and whilst all these action groups will be vital to the succesful continuation of the club, initially the two groups that need more immediate attention are Ground & PITCH Maintenance and Sponsorship/Fund Raising.

This weekend we are looking for a big effort in both areas please.

On Saturday (Before the big kick-off) we need anyone with a petrol mower to help on the pitch, now that it has been seeded & fertilised it needs a gentle cut and many mowers make light work.

Also, we have the sponsored walk on sunday. A great oppurtunity for us as individuals to show how much this club means to us all.

Please come along and bring anyone else who might just fancy a stroll and a beer/burger after.

The EFFORT starts now. Let's give it large.

See you all down the clubhouse on Thursday.

Regards

Chris G.