Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Italy v Australia

PB!

I didnt put it down to refs Kroon Dog get some breakfast inside ya! I said it was down to both a ref has to be able to tell if a player dives or is fouled but in my eyes players shouldnt dive but as you have seen in many games esp the Portugal game once they know they can get players booked they go down with no contact!

The difference between last night's Ref and the one for Port V Holland is that he used a bit of common sense and thought about the tackle before giving a rash yellow card.

Yes it helps if the players don't try and cheat but why not book them for diving or feigning injury instead of these stupid ones just for a mis timed tackles?

Quote:
OneClubDoCare said:
To be fair Bob players will do anything to win! if the ref blew up and booked the diving mug players would stop but refs are giving poor decisions left right and center!

Not blaming refs oners. How else do you read the above ?

It is time for FIFA and UEFA to stand up and be counted. Ban players for diving and take points of teams as well. That will solve the problem. Won't do it though will they ?

So your telling me Krooner that refs arent giving poor decisions as much as players are diving? You have given one instance of a ref doing a good job which was yesterdays match one out of how many is that?

The simple point i was saying is if refs booked players for diving it would stop the diving and players may not go down so easy once the realise refs wont stand for it!

It is time for FIFA and UEFA to stand up and be counted. Ban players for diving and take points of teams as well. That will solve the problem. Won't do it though will they ?

Just about the most sensible post of the week

But ALAS Krooner can't see it happening

Quote:
Maldini66 said:
The difference between last night's Ref and the one for Port V Holland is that he used a bit of common sense and thought about the tackle before giving a rash yellow card.
Yes it helps if the players don't try and cheat but why not book them for diving or feigning injury instead of these stupid ones just for a mis timed tackles?

Disagree Maldini. No player over reacted and no players crowded the ref. Makes the refrs job a lot easier

In the Holland game Van Bommel made a terrible tackle in the 1st minute. He made a challenge from behind with no chance of getting the ball. Not one pundit had a go at him. If the ref hadn't booked him then he would of been slaughtered for that. In games I do the earlier you make a caution the more you tend to have so you cannot be accused of being inconsistent. It is about players not cheating, diving, rolling putting pressure on the refs. It is about managers being honest after the game and none of this "I didnt see what my player did but theirs was a disgrace". It is time for a culture change in football and that is down to the clubs and players.

Quote:
OneClubDoCare said:
So your telling me Krooner that refs arent giving poor decisions as much as players are diving? You have given one instance of a ref doing a good job which was yesterdays match one out of how many is that?

The simple point i was saying is if refs booked players for diving it would stop the diving and players may not go down so easy once the realise refs wont stand for it!

Of course refs give poor decisions. The refs have been told to be 100% certain before they caution for diving. 1 ref did it in a match and got slaughtered because the "pundits" didnt think he dived. That ref hasnt done another game. It can be so difficult to judge if a player dives which is why FIFA and UEFA should watch the matches afterwards and do players who have dived.

Quote:
Krooner said:
Quote:
OneClubDoCare said:

Of course refs give poor decisions. The refs have been told to be 100% certain before they caution for diving. 1 ref did it in a match and got slaughtered because the "pundits" didnt think he dived. That ref hasnt done another game. It can be so difficult to judge if a player dives which is why FIFA and UEFA should watch the matches afterwards and do players who have dived.

Agreed 100% something has to be done cos it is becoming more and more a part of the game!

Quote:
Krooner said:
Quote:
Maldini66 said:

Disagree Maldini. No player over reacted and no players crowded the ref. Makes the refrs job a lot easier

In the Holland game Van Bommel made a terrible tackle in the 1st minute. He made a challenge from behind with no chance of getting the ball. Not one pundit had a go at him. If the ref hadn't booked him then he would of been slaughtered for that. In games I do the earlier you make a caution the more you tend to have so you cannot be accused of being inconsistent. It is about players not cheating, diving, rolling putting pressure on the refs. It is about managers being honest after the game and none of this "I didnt see what my player did but theirs was a disgrace". It is time for a culture change in football and that is down to the clubs and players.

I cannot see it changing why we have so many foreign imports coming into our game, The kids of today watch them doing it on the tv and think that it's allright to copy them.
It needs to be stamped out at the highest level and potential bans put in place that would force the clubs to take action.
This would then hopefully filter through to grassroots level.

Quote:
Maldini66 said:
Quote:
Krooner said:
Quote:
Maldini66 said:

I cannot see it changing why we have so many foreign imports coming into our game, The kids of today watch them doing it on the tv and think that it's allright to copy them.
It needs to be stamped out at the highest level and potential bans put in place that would force the clubs to take action.
This would then hopefully filter through to grassroots level.

Quite right Maldini but we need to start it at Youth level as well. If and when any of my players do it, and it will happen, I will take them off straight away. The actual cause of all this is money. There is too much of it and it would seem that anything goes.

Next season the FA should ban players who are seen to be diving and dock points off them. So when Drogba dives or Van Persie or Ronaldo they are banned for 3 games and their team docked 3 points. But I forgot it is those teams that control football.