Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

How many fans will Jeff take with him to Chelmsford?

We all know Jeff is taking at least 5 Canvey players with him plus the entire 1st team coaching staff. I wonder how many Canveys fans will follow suit?

There are a quite a few people who have followed Canvey over the last 5 or 6 years from outside the Island mainly because of the success they have had who may decide to follow Chelmsford now.

I will never desert Canvey but might be tempted to pop over to Chelmsford on a Tuesday night just be able to watch the likes of Wardy and Chenners again. Will ook out for some fimilar faces whilst there.

Chelmsford isn't exactly an easy place to get to, is it?

I mean by public transport from Canvey.

I doubt there is a single paying fan from last season who will give up watching Canvey so they can watch Chelmsford.

If we don`t have a game and i`ve got some spare time i might go over there just to see a few old faces.

Yellow you may not have noticed but there is now a bus service from Canvey-Chelmsford.

I dont think that many canvey fans will switch to watching Chelmsford as i think its not easy to get to from the island but because Jeff kings gone there i think they will get more fans but only glory hunters from chelmsford i think it wont be long until we catch up with chelmsford anyway & if hornchurch managed to maintain a number of fans after what happened with them i cant see why a club like ours will lose many fans not with its tradition & history

Yes indeed there is but the ground is quite a way from the town centre.

The only time I'd go to watch Chelmsford would be the fact that it is one of the few grounds in Essex I've not been to.

Quote:
Paula said:
Do we care???
We are CANVEY supporters not bloody Chelmsford

well said paula but only asked that question as i have a mate who wants to get in to non-league football & he comes from chelmsford but lives in romford so only asking & by the way is essex CC Far from chelmsford station

Quote:
Ribbit said:
The only reason I'll be going to Chelmsford next season is if we happen to play them and I happen to be off work. Couldn't care less who is playing for them, the only team I will pay to watch other than Canvey is Southend.

may i ask do you know when southend-stoke tickits come out by any chance

Quote:
Staying-up said:
We all know Jeff is taking at least 5 Canvey players with him plus the entire 1st team coaching staff. I wonder how many Canveys fans will follow suit?
There are a quite a few people who have followed Canvey over the last 5 or 6 years from outside the Island mainly because of the success they have had who may decide to follow Chelmsford now.

I will never desert Canvey but might be tempted to pop over to Chelmsford on a Tuesday night just be able to watch the likes of Wardy and Chenners again. Will ook out for some fimilar faces whilst there.

i think that chelmsford will go up to the conference in two seasons just like how grays did it & then i think the fans will drift away from them in the conference when they do bad as jeff will only put in a little amount & what bugs me is that some of there fans think they are a big non-league now then how comes they are still in the ryman league.CANVEY TILL I DIE SOD JEFF KING & THE GLORY HUNTERS & SOD CHELMSFORD CITY FC

Well we fell into the trap of thinking we were a big club. A big club is surely one that can stand up without the money man.

Not that there's anything bad about being a small club. Chelmsford just shouldn't get ahead of themselves.

York, Halifax, Exeter, Cambridge... are big non-league clubs. Canvey and Chelmsford aren't.