Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Kentish Town Football Club

Gavin - Nice one, let me know when you're coming and I'll sort you out a complimentary, you can also have a few sarnies on the house at the interval and afterwards. Kazam is the joker who ruined Oxford United, their new ground is named after him but no doubt they'll change the name, he's one of these guys that put cash into a Club before just as quickly pulling the plug and leaving them high and dry. I'll try to get down to the White Lion myself for some night games.

Quote:
Rhodes said:
Er thanks for that Kevin and less of the 30 years, I'm a player in other ways now, where's the lovely Paula as I fancy my chances. How are things at Potters Bar, what sort of campaign are you expecting, I'll miss seeing you turn up at Haringey for Southern Counties Floodlit Youth League and FA Youth Cup games and don't expect a programme when you do go down there.

Things are going fine, Cliff. Just got back from our first friendly at Braintree Town - a decent 1-1 draw.

Kevin - Good to hear things are going well, Kentish Town aren't doing much on the friendly front but I think Haringey have got a few lined up at Padbury on Saturday and at Buntingford Town on 5 August, you know John he sets his sights high. I gather Enfield Town Reserves are using Coles Park for their games this season, Haringey's Reserves were one season wonders in the Spartan Reserve League after finishing rock bottom and will now be in the 'high profile' Islington Midweek League.

Morning all, just heard from the Spartan League that we have drawn Biggleswade United at home in the Challenge Trophy, the game will be played week commencing Monday 11 September at Hendon FC, hope some of you can attend if you're free. I will try to get hold of the full draw and post it later on, have a good day, laters.

Thanks Gavin, appreciate it, let me know and I'll leave a complimentary on the gate but I assume Edgware Town will have their Challenge cup match that week, which night do you normally play your home games. Should be a good game with Biggleswade United and we fancy our chances, just spoke to our Chairman who confirms we will be playing a Brazilian style of football this season and have the players to pull it off, try to get a bet on us to win Division 1.

No comment Mannorborn, you'll have to take that up with him. Was only speaking to Greg five minutes ago on the dog and bone, perhaps we can get him on here to put his point across, at least that way he doesn't have to shake anyone's hand.

Kevin - Spoke to Greg this afternoon and we are going to get it sorted this week, I have complained big time as you can imagine and have asked for the same user friendly format as I had at Haringey Borough, rather than all that flashy stuff, which was kept up to date virtually to the second as you well know. I happened to notice that the Haringey site hasn't been touched since I was unceremoniously banished from the Club, funny that!

Interesting first three league fixtures for Kentish Town starting with an away match at Milton Keynes based Stony Stratford Town (19 Aug) followed by two home fixtures against the mighty Brache Sparta (23 Aug) and Buckingham Athletic (26 Aug). You won't be surprised to learn that I have already approached the Secretaries of Brache and Buckingham by e-mail to enlighten them that they will have the pleasure of playing at Hendon should they not already be aware and it will be the perfect home start for us against the Division 1 favourites.

Just to let the Ruislip Manor boys such as Lato and Manorborn know that we're on the way over there for the friendly this evening, kick off 7.00, and to have my pint of lager waiting for me. I gather the game is taking place on the training pitch to preserve the hallowed Grosvenor Vale turf hence the early start time. We're looking forward to renewing acquaintances with our former Coach Julian Hudson who is now Assistant Coach at Ruislip, I think he will be in for a rude awakening in a couple of hours or so.

Yes a great win, beat Ruislip Manor 3-1 and got my pint off Lato too which really made the night. Lato indicated that hardly any of Ruislip's First Team turned out tonight but I'm not so sure, we beat them fair and square in a really impressive performance. It was 0-0 at half time and we changed things around a bit even bringing off a couple of established First Team players, we scored two goals in a minute before Ruislip pulled one back with 20 minutes left and they had one or two opportunities to equalise before we made it 3-1 almost on the final whistle. Some of the football we played was inspiring, the Coach Frank Zanre models our play on the Brazilian style, a lot of one touch and to feet, he hates the Wimbledon and Sheffield Wednesday up and under type football so I think we're really going places this season. Not only will we be the Man Utd of Division 1 for our ground but it looks like we will also be the team to beat, I'll keep you all posted on here.

You won fair and square Rhodes, no complaints about that but I knew three of the Manor players, one of who was a first team regular last season and was making his first appearance of the this pre season, one was a reserve team regular last season and one was a first team squad player who was injured much of last season. The rest of the team was trialists many of whom probably won't get another game apart from one who oculd prove to be a good signing.

Not so sure you'll be the team to beat in Div 1 based on what I saw last night but you'll be comfortably in the top half.

Hi Lato - Thanks for the pint last night and good to see you again. I don't agree with the second part of your post that we will not be the team to beat this season, weren't you impressed by the flowing football with virtually every single ball finding its man on what was a tricky surface to put it mildly, Brazil 1970 springs to mind and that's not being biased as I've only been with the Club a month and that was the first time I had seen them play. Haringey Borough never played fluent football like that in all the time I was there.

What is the obsession in this country with Brazil 1970, is it just because they beat England who were defending champions so to justify it the English media have to lionise that Brazil team as being the best ever and only some kind of superteam could beat England. Yes they had great players, yes they played some good football but I'd still rather watch the Holland team of 74 any day.

Er well didn't Holland lose the 1974 World Cup Final to West Germany if I remember rightly when Jack Taylor was Referee giving two early penalties and Gerd 'Der Bomber' Muller swivelling to score the winner. I see your point though as didn't our centre forward who got a hat trick last night remind you a little of Johann Neeskins the way he danced through your defence time and time again.

Hmm..I do question some of your descriptive prose at times Rhodes, I don't recall there being much of a defence in the second half for him to 'dance' through as we had taken our best player off and as I previously said were playing a team of largely trialists who had never played for the club before. And if he did it was more Johnny Banana-skins than Johann Neeskens.

Yes Holland did lose that game but only because the Germans cheated throughout that tournament

a) they should never have played the semi v Poland due to heavy rain and mysteriously only dried the saturated pitch in the end Germany were attacking

B) were so scared of the Dutch and Cruyff in particular that they exaggerated a story about the Dutch players fraternising with girls in late night swimming pool frolics to disrupt the Dutch camp. (although there probably was an element of truth in this the German press blew it out of all proportion)

c) Holzenbein blatently dived for the German equaliser while Bertie Vogts spent more time kicking Cruyff than the ball.